HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Home Theater Adventures

Go down 
+9
the B
firebaugh
renbolina
Bogle the Dark Angel
13thAngel
Krissah
Haunz
wattage
newmoon
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Haunz

Haunz

Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 3:49 am

Invisible Children

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3166797753930210643#

a documentary about uganda, the lra and child soldiers there.
Back to top Go down
renbolina

renbolina

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:22 pm

Ninja Assassin - OH MY!!! Rain is very very very pretty covered in blood drunken cheers cheers EPIC gore and blood, AWESOME movie!!

Repo Men - This is WICKED fun! I actually found myself thinking for once 'Jude Law's not all that bad shakes as an actor' which is something I NEVER in a BAZILLION years thought I'd ever find myself thinking... but even if he hadn't done such a sterling job with his character, it'd be worth it for lovely Liev Schreiber and Forrest Whittaker metal Very cool movie.
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:22 pm

Agora

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1186830/

i really dig the underlying message of the movie
the film itself however had it's flaws …
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:50 pm

ZOMBIELAND need I say more What a Face cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers EPIC

I do find it disturbing that 21st century zombie can run. Who started that? Resident Evil or 28 Days?

I shouldn't watch this crap - ask WATT - my zombie nightmares should be movies affraid affraid affraid pale

and ssssssshhhh. don't tell my dad gonna order MOON tonight on pay per view
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:18 am

^^^^^^^^^^^ Ahhh - Zombieland - FABULOUS movie cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

"double-tap" Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil lol!

oh yeah - and lemme know what you think of MOON Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 989565 Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 989565 Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 989565 Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 989565
Back to top Go down
renbolina

renbolina

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:24 am

Moon and Zombieland kick arse!!! And let's face it, the idea of a super fast zombie is so much more realistic than a shambling wreck. It's a human either reduced to or reactivated into a basic, primitive form, so realistically they'd be powered by pure adrenalin, rage and hunger - that's a potent mix, which generally doesn't result in some slow-mo stop-motion lurch but a rabid, rocket-fueled barrage. I LIKE the new zombies - it's like boar hunting (which I've always wanted to do) nothing evens the score like being the puny, bloodless mother fucker they want to eat/gore who just happens to be holding the fucking gun!
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:28 am

renbolina wrote:
let's face it, the idea of a super fast zombie is so much more realistic than a shambling wreck. It's a human either reduced to or reactivated into a basic, primitive form, so realistically they'd be powered by pure adrenalin, rage and hunger - that's a potent mix, which generally doesn't result in some slow-mo stop-motion lurch but a rabid, rocket-fueled barrage. I LIKE the new zombies - it's like boar hunting (which I've always wanted to do) nothing evens the score like being the puny, bloodless mother fucker they want to eat/gore who just happens to be holding the fucking gun!

cheers Hahahahahahahaha!!! lol! lol! lol! Yep - couldn't agree more!! Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 989565
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:56 pm

Bogle the Dark Angel wrote:
renbolina wrote:
let's face it, the idea of a super fast zombie is so much more realistic than a shambling wreck. It's a human either reduced to or reactivated into a basic, primitive form, so realistically they'd be powered by pure adrenalin, rage and hunger - that's a potent mix, which generally doesn't result in some slow-mo stop-motion lurch but a rabid, rocket-fueled barrage. I LIKE the new zombies - it's like boar hunting (which I've always wanted to do) nothing evens the score like being the puny, bloodless mother fucker they want to eat/gore who just happens to be holding the fucking gun!

cheers Hahahahahahahaha!!! lol! lol! lol! Yep - couldn't agree more!! Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 989565

yeah - true - they just weird me out - and I watched Zombieland 3 times in 2 days *check the back seat* I am wracking my brain for a movie that has a better opening credits. . . I can't think of one - Z.L. nails O.Cerds in, MUSIC, background story, mood setting, and beautiful done shots in slow mo - fantastic - Cinematography Shots and Camera Angles - just wow. I snagged the Video from my nephew so I can show watt when he come down.
2 things:
Read World War Z - Max Brooks (I think)
and stolen from Craig furgeson: "Why don't zombies poop? They eat all those brains and people - where does it go? (maybe in Z.L. b/c they are spewing so muck black goo,maybe, they stuff they eat just gets puked back out?

ok

MOON

Wow!!! How utterly possiable and . . . sad - isolated- feeling inducin? It really sucked me in, and made me uneasy in a small deep way. I really loved this movie.

Spoiler alert:

The only thing that kinda threw me is when he called his daughter and she called to "dad" and in the back ground it was him - was he a clone that made it back before? never left? just a planted fake substitute? Is it a (as Watt would say) "Ain't no tellin'. " Type of thing?
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:38 am

newmoon wrote:
MOON

Wow!!! How utterly possiable and . . . sad - isolated- feeling inducin? It really sucked me in, and made me uneasy in a small deep way. I really loved this movie.

Spoiler alert:

The only thing that kinda threw me is when he called his daughter and she called to "dad" and in the back ground it was him - was he a clone that made it back before? never left? just a planted fake substitute? Is it a (as Watt would say) "Ain't no tellin'. " Type of thing?

Ah great - I KNEW you'd like it ... excellent and poignant - I loved it!

As for the spoiler - it's difficult to say ... mebbe when she called for her Dad, that was her real dad, and he'd been sent back to earth because the cloning technology was now able to replace him with the clones ... don't know, but I reckon that would be the most likely. It is never confirmed either way ... mebbe her real dad - the template for the clones - never even went to the moon ... scratch scratch

all I know is that I like when a movie can leave you with unanswered questions - I don't like being spoonfed ever damn thing and told whats what, life is always about the unanswered questions - movies should reflect that too ... Razz
Back to top Go down
renbolina

renbolina

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:07 am

<<<<<SPOILERS AGAIN>>>>>

I think the original Sam had volunteered his DNA for cloning to be honest. Probably he was paid for the use of it, a continued royalty of sorts. The daughter was fully grown in the call the clone makes to her but it had been clear to me that the videos were limited to three years of life, from before the birth of the daughter to her toddling years. The clones were him in a way and so perhaps he felt driven to give them hope, or the company considered it necessary for continued productivity, clearly his wife was upset by the whole thing. I think she eventually found it too much to speak to a man so like her husband and yet not, she felt the cruelty of it more deeply, because she was colluding with the fiction and knowing that is was never going to be anything more for them.

It was sweet because they tried to keep the clones happy, to make them comfortable and the 'going home', despite being an incineration was so touching. The surviving 'Sam' knew, when he escaped back to Earth, that he would not be going home in the end... it was sort of like the plight of the clones in Bladerunner, limited to few years of life, though they had seven to his puny three. Me and my bloke both cheered when the harvesters ploughed into the signal blockers, leaving the Sam they'd had GERTY wake able to find out for himself that their existence was nothing but an elaborate lie, giving him the choice of freedom too. It handled the subject matter so elegantly. Such a beautiful, tragic, dream-like movie... Duncan is clearly an extremely talented man.
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 3:31 pm

Clones... Oh the fun I could have Twisted Evil

whistle
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 3:40 pm

Very Happy Yeah the harvester taking down the blocker tower was awesome - I too yelled "YEAH! " cheers
I too like movie that don't treat you to every answer - the more you wonder hte longer the film stays with you and repeat watches (I just want to see if I missed something) - I love how GERTY was like caring and honest - 2001 series had me paranoid and all Suspect waiting for the deception. Was a beautiful thing to watch.

Also watched:

Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 1164807

HOT FUZZ 2007 with Simon Pegg, Nick Frost. Made me laugh and grin so much my face hurt. And oddly I got a Peace Lilly plant given to me today - huum.

Same dudes in the below movie

Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 10003753

Shaun Of The Dead 2004 cheers cheers

was double feature night Cool
Back to top Go down
renbolina

renbolina

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:37 pm

Two of mah kids fave movies Cool cheers
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:02 pm

couples retreat.... i thought it SUCKED Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 373921
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 7:00 pm

13thAngel wrote:
couples retreat.... i thought it SUCKED Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 373921

Laughing Laughing I walked by that movie a few times while someone else was watching it on TV puke
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 7:08 pm

I tried to watch "Must Love Dogs" the other night. I love John Cusack, Diane Lane and dogs, but this was simply awful. I only made it 10 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Krissah

Krissah

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:54 am

MOON!!

I came across is On Demand and I remembered everyone here talking about it, so me and Matt watched it. Excellent! Thanks for recommending it!

-SPOILER-
I also agree with whoever said that it was awesome expecting GERTY to be an evil HAL type pooter character an he was actually genuinely trying to help Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 Icon_cheers Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 Icon_cheers Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 Icon_cheers Loved that part - Specially since it was Kevin Spacey. All I kept thinking the whole time I was watching it was how hard of a movie it must have been for Sam Rockwell to make... He was literally, basically, the only one in the entire movie which has got to be HARD to carry a movie all by yourself. Then the rest of the time he had to be acting and reacting to/with no one - either when he was acting in scenes with his clone or the voice of Kevin Spacey. Nuts man!
Back to top Go down
renbolina

renbolina

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:17 am

The Keep - sheer bloody awesomeness, have loved this movie for yeeeeeaaaaars cheers

In the Mouth of Madness - very very cool!!

Prince of Darkness - freakin AWESOME!!!

Vampires - Rolling Eyes The film that led me to finally understand why Family Guy ridicules James Woods so much, he can be the most ASTONISHINGLY appalling cheese merchant!
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:34 am

Cold Souls

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1127877/

Fookin BRILLIANT!!!!

Paul Giamatti plays himself - he's acting in the Chekov play "Uncle Vanya" and is stressed and tortured by the intensity of the role, so decides to put his own soul into cold-storage for the duration of the play ... except that his soul is then stolen by Russian black market soul trafficers and put into the body of a young, female Russian soap star ... the film then follows his mission to get back his soul ...

cheers cheers cheers cheers lol! stoney Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 989565 Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 989565 Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 989565 Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 989565

What a fantastic little film!!! bow bow bow bow
Back to top Go down
renbolina

renbolina

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 1:24 pm

Oh I LOVE Paul Giamatti - he's truly wickedly awesome! drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 2:01 pm

^^^^^^ keep an eye out for Cold Souls ... we saw it advertised with a little write-up in a movie magazine a year or so ago, but then it never came to any cinemas 'round our way (typical, quirky films don't get a look-in when there's soo many big shiny blockbusters to be had ... meh) ... then we stumbled across the dvd of Cold Souls in Asda of all places, for £6 (probably cheap coz no-one's heard of it) and figured we'd just buy it and see what it was like ... fabulous!!
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:38 pm

Stand By Me with the kids.

freaks me out that i can let em watch rated R movies....tho i am still not quite sure why THAT one got the R rating Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 4:54 pm

Role Models Laughing THe potty mouthed kid, Kiss rotfl the D&D play. Me likey.

THe Watchmen

scratch aaaaah. Even Dr. Manhattens' blue dong didn't keep me from wandering away to smoke without hitting pause. shrug Think it was shoot well with uber camera work (panning to the max) and CGI but - they needed help on the script or a editor with a big pair of sissors. Seen and not heard fits this one. O well, the music was a nice change up here and there. Very Happy

Cool dr. manhatten Cool
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 5:37 pm

Valhalla Rising Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 989565

This movie is epic to say at the very least! It was very slow and quiet but had very intense violence however.

It has almost no plot or dialog. The scenery is amazing - pretty much every shot is. The cast is very good, Mikkelsen is amazing as usual.

This is certainly not a movie for everyone. Some people love it, some people hate it. I believe there is not much in between. I, for one, thought it was really honest and simple.

Leaves of Gras Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 373921

Norton was amazing as usual, Russell was adorable. The rest of the cast was pretty good too. The plot however … it was good but it didn't have any magic in it.

I really wanted to like this movie but it just didn't really work for me.

On a sidenote, both movies were at least partly shot with HD cameras - I fucking hate that! It's such a poor picture aesthetic.
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 5:44 pm

I can't find Valhalla Rising anywhere around here Mad
I want to see it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Theater Adventures   Home Theater Adventures - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Home Theater Adventures
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next