HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RIP Knut - sad news

Go down 
+2
the B
Bogle the Dark Angel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

RIP Knut - sad news Empty
PostSubject: RIP Knut - sad news   RIP Knut - sad news I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: RIP Knut - sad news   RIP Knut - sad news I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:31 pm

reading that article...it said that animal activists wanted Knut to be put down long ago.....WTF is wrong with them. That's like trying to save a forest by burning it down.

anyway though...RIP Knut Sad
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: RIP Knut - sad news   RIP Knut - sad news I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:42 pm

Aye - the animal activists .... seem to have forgotten what they're supposedly fighting for ....

Poor lil Knut though Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: RIP Knut - sad news   RIP Knut - sad news I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 5:10 pm

right...this bear would have been so much happier if they put him down

RIP Knut - sad news Knut011

look at his torment at the hands of his cruel handler Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: RIP Knut - sad news   RIP Knut - sad news I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:12 pm

the B wrote:
reading that article...it said that animal activists wanted Knut to be put down long ago.....WTF is wrong with them. That's like trying to save a forest by burning it down.

anyway though...RIP Knut Sad

I absolutely understand where these activists are coming from, Brian.
We kill animals for all kinds of shit. We mistreat them unneccessarily and we don't respect them.
In this particular case, we see a "cute" animal and everybody (including me, I can't help it) is all AWWWWWWWWWWWWW let's save him.

I think the ideal way of acting in such a case is keep the animal alive, allow him to lead a happy life, but never let him reproduce.
That way, we follow the decision of 'nature' by not weakening the gene pool and at the same time we can give in to our romantic and somewhat contradictory feelings.
The survival of the race is always more important than the survival of the individual (B, no need to point out the obvious Star Trek quote, I admit it's the same thing ;-) ).
That's why animal mothers give their lives to save their cubs, and that is also why they let weak cubs die.
When they do the first, we say awww how nice and heroic, and when they do the second, we say damn how cruel.
But in reality, it is exactly the same thing, not good or bad but beyond our judgement.

I don't know about the plans the zoo keepers had for Knut, let him reproduce or not.
I'm also happy they allowed the poor little bugger to spend some time on earth enjoying himself.
But I am also aware the chicken I ate last week was not as lucky.
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: RIP Knut - sad news   RIP Knut - sad news I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:31 pm

ask the bear if he thought if he should have been put down...I am sure he would have said no
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: RIP Knut - sad news   RIP Knut - sad news I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:44 pm

the B wrote:
ask the bear if he thought if he should have been put down...I am sure he would have said no
I didn't say put him down. I didn't want them to put him down either, but just don't let him reproduce.
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: RIP Knut - sad news   RIP Knut - sad news I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:47 pm

I have no problem with that...but those nut jobs wanted him dead Mad
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: RIP Knut - sad news   RIP Knut - sad news I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:18 am

StoneyMaroney wrote:
the chicken I ate last week was not as lucky.

affraid affraid affraid Shocked No No No pale silent lol!
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: RIP Knut - sad news   RIP Knut - sad news I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 1:16 pm

Bogle the Dark Angel wrote:
StoneyMaroney wrote:
the chicken I ate last week was not as lucky.

affraid affraid affraid Shocked No No No pale silent lol!

I wasn't even joking. I should be buying meat from animals who were treated better, and not based on whether they look cute or not.
They should just be treated with a lot more respect and gratefulness.
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: RIP Knut - sad news   RIP Knut - sad news I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 8:10 pm

not to repulse bogle...but my 2 cents on this is ...

this is why we are able "conscience" wise to eat our own animals. they have been treated the best we can treat them at all times. with shelter...good food. lots of room and love. and in return we feel like they provide us with the best in return RIP Knut - sad news 329538

im torn on zoos and things like that. its really just sad when things like htis happen...tho i am sure they have always happened...and just dont always come to light due to the animals involved not being so famus Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: RIP Knut - sad news   RIP Knut - sad news I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:45 pm

first japan, now this Laughing

sorry, i've got not much compassion left i guess, there's just too much shit going on and i can't seem to look away from any of that, i don't know …

by the way, i've got to new pictures for my otherwise empty walls …

(beware, reality)

whatever, i'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: RIP Knut - sad news   RIP Knut - sad news I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:35 pm

this isn't the thread or forum for pictures like that haunz...so I deleted them...and I don't care if that makes me some stupid censor guy
Back to top Go down
iyloma

iyloma

PostSubject: Re: RIP Knut - sad news   RIP Knut - sad news I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:45 am

B, you look so shexaaayyy now lick Razz Wink
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: RIP Knut - sad news   RIP Knut - sad news I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 8:29 pm

every thread is a good thread to be called shexaaayyy by iyloma cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP Knut - sad news   RIP Knut - sad news I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIP Knut - sad news
Page 1 of 1