HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE

Go down 
+7
elektriklady
the B
StoneyMaroney
13thAngel
QOTR
wattage
newmoon
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
newmoon

newmoon

IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE Empty
PostSubject: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 5:28 pm

What weirdness did you come across???

Shocked

Man sues over unnecessary artificial rectum

Posted By Staff

Date: October 22nd, 2009

Category: Nutty News

surgeryJapan - A Japanese man has sued a hospital, arguing it unnecessarily gave him an artificial rectum after misdiagnosing him as suffering rectal cancer, a hospital official says. The man underwent surgery in March at a university hospital in western Miyazaki prefecture to remove the tumour. But his doctor told the man, whose age and name were not reported, that a later examination found no cancer cells in the removed tissue.

Shocked I'm wondering what the new one was made from?
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 6:36 pm

Are you hinting about Christmas gifts? jocolor
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 7:10 pm

Razz ...but funny you should say that - I just finished me X-mas shopping.
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 7:13 pm

I still gotta do mein Mad
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 3:56 am

So y'all probably discussed this already, but I'm really disturbed by this story. I hope they learn something soon.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/21/virginia.missing.student/index.html?iref=newssearch

(CNN) -- The mother of a Virginia Tech junior who disappeared Saturday night during a Metallica concert says she helped her daughter choose an outfit for the show that same morning.

Morgan Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student, disappeared at a Metallica concert Saturday night. Morgan Harrington, a 20-year-old education major, went to the concert at the University of Virginia's John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville with several girlfriends but disappeared from their sight around 8:40 p.m., according to police, who are calling it a missing person case.

"She was excited about the concert and she brought home three outfits that she tried on for me," Gil Harrington, said Tuesday on HLN's "Nancy Grace."

"We chose one and she said, 'Mama, it is a rock concert so it is probably not what you would choose, but is this one OK?'" Harrington said she told her daughter, 'That will do fine.' "You know you have to give your kid wings," Harrington said.

Morgan Harrington had been so excited about the concert, according to her mother, that she posted the tickets on the refrigerator six months ahead of time.

Metallica posted a message about Harrington's disappearance on their Web site under the heading "One of our fans is missing."

"We are deeply concerned about the disappearance of 20-year-old Virginia Tech student Morgan Dana Harrington, who was last seen while attending our concert at the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville, VA, on Saturday night," the message said.

The message described Harrington and asked that anyone with information contact Virginia State Police or University of Virginia police.

"Our thoughts are with Morgan and her family for her safe return," the message concluded."

Harrington, who lives off-campus, was reported missing Sunday afternoon when she did not show up at her parents' home to study for a math exam with her father.

"It's important to us as police officers to realize that people do come up missing," said Lieutenant Joe Rader of the Virginia State Police in a news conference on Monday.

"However, it's very, very unusual that we have not heard anything, either, from her friends or from her family regarding her whereabouts. That is the biggest concern currently -- her whereabouts and her welfare."

Harrington is 5'6", 120 pounds, has blond hair, blue eyes and was wearing a black Pantera T-shirt, black mini skirt, black tights and black boots.
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 6:48 pm

Shocked Crying or Very sad i hadnt even heard about this
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 8:31 pm

A fellow student disappeared from a students party over two years ago here...the police have given up, the parents
have given up, but some friends still carry on and her face must be the best known face in the entire region by now,
the poster is EVERYWHERE.
I really don't know if this is good.
Of course they don't want to give up on her, but her parents have to see this fourty times a day.
They open the newspaper: there she is, regularly.
They drive down the street: 10 posters.
Really you cannot imagine the size of this campaign.

I think it is highly unrealistic that she can be found again, either she has been sold to another country or she is dead.
Hope is good, but confronting the parents with this shit every day anew must be incredibly cruel.
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 9:18 pm

Yeah the VA girl don't look good...Her purse and cell phone were found in the area parking lot. Here's what bugs me....where were her friends? Did she go alone? (STUPID TO DO SO) She's plastered everywhere here, plus we have a girl that looks very similar....shes also from my home town:
Myrtle Beach Spring Break

Friday, May 01, 2009

IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE 1_61_drexel_brittanee

Myrtle Beach Police Department

Brittanee Drexel, 17, of Rochester, N.Y.

Brittanee Drexel, 17, of Rochester, N.Y.

New York teen Brittanee Drexel had "her mind set" on spring break in Myrtle Beach, S.C. Her mom didn't want her to go, but the strong-willed 17-year-old from Rochester, N.Y., went anyway. Now she's missing, and her mom fears the worst.

Brittanee's mom, Dawn Drexel, said her daughter made it to her South Carolina hotel and kept in touch until last Saturday night. That's when the messages suddenly stopped and the high school junior vanished, seemingly without a trace, she said.

"It's a parent's worst nightmare," said Drexel. "There's a lot of things that don't add up, and I'm scared that there's the possibility that she's not alive."

...........................travel in packs kids, travel in packs...........................................
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:51 am

When I saw this pic, I caught myself having thoughts in the direction of "What a pity, she was so beautiful". Which is essentially terrible bullshit. She would not have been worth any less if she was fat and had crooked teeth.
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 9:32 pm

IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE Amd_harrington

Morgan Harrington - still missing
But see am I right? they could be twins...both locations are within a few hours of me.
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:18 pm

I just heard Metallica added 50 thousand to the reward for her
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:40 pm

Hope they find her and whoever's responsible, if its foul play. Glad to see MetallicA comin off their bank accounts to help out.
Back to top Go down
elektriklady

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:25 am

I went to this gig....there were a lot of drunk ppl there...university crowd....it would have been easy for a predator to grab her before anyone noticing she was gone. It's very sad that we have to live in a world of sickos. I still hope we're all overreacting and it turns out that she ran off with a boyfriend.

Hopefully they'll find out what happened to her. Her parents must be sick.
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:53 pm

I hate to be negative _ ok fine - its really my job - but I dont see her running away and leaving her purse - money and cell phone (and make up, please) just laying in the parking lot.

Now the real problem is - she went outside during the show and there is a no re-admittance policy - this is how she got separated from her friends - and I assume no keys to get into whatever car she got there in - what is the big phuckin deal with re-admitting?!?! This has happened to me in Buffalo - but I was in a group locked out - in a shitty area - and why don't the door people remind you as your leaving that that's it - youre out.
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 8:48 pm

Maine puts squeeze on low-alcohol British lemonade
IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE Med_04465c4f-98d3-4161-b00e-30efca72b71f

PORTLAND, Maine - Call it a culture clash, trans-Atlantic style. The Brits think the Americans are puritanical and somewhat batty. The Americans find the Brits morally lax and too willing to bend the rules. It all started at a high school in Maine when a student consumed half a bottle of Fentimans Victorian Lemonade, then looked at the label and discovered it contained small amounts of alcohol, listed as less than 0.5 percent. By contrast, a typical American beer usually contains about 5 percent alcohol.

Not wanting to get in trouble, he showed it to school administrators, who called police. Police referred the matter to state officials to determine whether the zesty beverage could be sold to minors. Anti-alcohol groups got involved, sending out warnings about the potential perils of the highbrow brew.

On Thursday, the Maine attorney general's office said it has determined that, in Maine, at least, people have to be 21 to buy the product.

"Fentimans Lemonade cannot be sold to minors," said spokeswoman Kate Simmons.

The president of the U.S. division of Fentimans, Greg Warwick, said the company's full line of beverages is deemed OK by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Maine is the only place where anybody has raised a stink, Warwick said.

"This is a very historical process that's been going on since 1905," Warwick said.

In England, company officials said the brouhaha in Maine is much ado about nothing.

"We see it as slightly absurd," said Tiffany McKirdy, operations director at Fentimans, a specialty brewer in northern England. "It looks to us like utter hysteria, the fact that the principal contacted the police and the substance abuse officials got involved.

"We do occasionally get inquiries about the alcohol content, and we are concerned about underage drinking, but it is legally classified as a soft drink," she said.

A person would need to drink about 28 bottles of the lemonade to consume the amount of alcohol found in a typical pint of beer, McKirdy said.

The concerns raised in Maine reflects the prudishness of the devout men and women who left England in search of the new world, said Fentimans managing director Eldon Robson.

"Maine is, of course, where our puritanical forefathers went because Britain was not strict enough, and it has been said that Puritans are people who are always worried that someone, somewhere, might be having fun," he said, adding that he found the whole flap amusing.

It is not a laughing matter in Houlton, Maine, where Police Chief Butch Asselin asked the state's liquor licensing authorities to determine whether the lemonade could legally be sold to minors.

"It wasn't so much that we were trying to give Fentimans a black eye," he said. "We just want to make parents aware it contains alcohol. I've never had it; it's probably very good, but their Web site says it can be used for mixed drinks."

He pointed out that nonalcoholic beers with similar residual alcohol content cannot be dispensed to minors under Maine law.

The police chief is also concerned because a Google search of Victorian lemonade turned up recipes calling for it to be made with gin. He fears young people will read those recipes and add gin to their Fentimans.

Clare Desrosiers of the Aroostook Substance Abuse Prevention Coaltion said that given the lemonade's alcohol content and packaging, it shouldn't be marketed to children any more than candy cigarettes should.

"If a product encourages children to drink alcohol, then it shouldn't be sold," she said.

All this has a bright side for Fentimans. The controversy has raised its profile in the US, leading to a significant number of inquiries from wholesalers and consumers looking to buy its lemonade and other products. The company started exporting to the U.S. only four years ago, and could use a boost in name recognition.

"This furor has resulted in an amazing amount of consumer requests," McKirdy said. "People are aware of the product. I think we have to look on this in a positive light."

------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------

like theres not enuff things in the world to bitch about....28 bottles would have to be consumed to equal 1 pint of beer....a kid would puke from a stomach ache before he got to 28 fucking bottles Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
renbolina

renbolina

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 9:18 pm

I have never seen that lemonade in my entire life. It's british is it? Madness Shocked
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:12 am

I loves that Lemonade - it's great ... and really, its just L E M O N A D E woth hath fermented a bit ... it aint alcoholic - talk about nanny-state Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes drunken

I especially like their ginger beer - it's almost obscenely good cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
renbolina

renbolina

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:14 am

They do ginger beer??? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

WHERE do they sell this stuff!!!!!! flash
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:26 am

We can get it at almost any supermarket - they stock it in our local Tesco and Asda, and Sainsburys ... it's often at the end of a section of speciality soft drinks and mixers, separate from the standard supermarket's-own-brand lemonade vats Twisted Evil

Actually me n Craig are, I think, addicted to the cheap-ass Asda Ginger Beer - it fucken ROCKS stoney stoney stoney stoney stoney stoney stoney stoney drunk dance drunken
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:32 am

Ren - lookie at their website - big big range ...

http://www.fentimans.com/range.php

They even do olde traditionale Dandylion and Burdock Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 7:59 pm

Bogle the Dark Angel wrote:
Ren - lookie at their website - big big range ...

http://www.fentimans.com/range.php

They even do olde traditionale Dandylion and Burdock Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Sassafras ??? I love that - but I guess I won't trek across the pond to get it...

Boozey lemonade - Mike's Hard Lemonade - caution do not use as a mixer for Vodka! found out the hard way... Rolling Eyes
IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE Res9
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 5:01 pm

Sex-toy study at Duke raises some eyebrows

Quote :
DURHAM, N.C. – A campus religious leader is unhappy about a study at Duke University that invites female students to attend parties where they can buy sex toys.

The News & Observer of Raleigh reported Friday that the director of the Duke Catholic Center has lodged a complaint with researchers. The Rev. Joe Vetter says the study doesn't promote relationships.

The study asks female students over age 18 to attend the events that are similar to Tupperware parties but with erotic toys, lingerie and games. The women complete surveys about their sexual attitudes before and after the parties and get product discounts.

A spokesman for Duke said the sex-toy party project went through the peer review process. Vetter says he plans to discuss the topic at Sunday mass.

hmmmm......... vera insteresting bounce
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 5:05 pm

Quote :
Moonshine turns horse race rowdy

TODOS SANTOS CUCHUMATAN, Guatemala (Reuters) – Despite a drinking ban mayhem erupted at a traditional Mayan horse race on Sunday with riders falling off their horses and drunken spectators stumbling through the mountain village.

Hundreds of tourists and locals gathered for the annual spectacle in Todo Santos Cuchumatan on Sunday to cheer the dozens of riders charging back and forth along a 330-foot (100-meter) length of road for up to seven hours.

But the macho test of stamina was marred, as it has been in the past, by the copious amount of homemade spirits the riders consume, sometimes for days before the race.

At least two Mayan riders fell off their horses during this year's race, and one was carried away by bystanders after being trampled in the mud. Another man walked away from the track with a bloody face.

"People here aren't able to hold their drink, if they have one drink, they just continue until they're so drunk they want to hit someone," said Modesto Mendez, the mayor of the village.

Mendez banned the selling of hard alcohol in the village in May of last year to cut down on accidents, deaths and fighting.

But 18 months later, on the Day of the Dead celebrated throughout Mexico and Central America, drunken people were seen staggering through the village.

Sometimes the dead body of a drunken villager would show up the next morning, the victim of sub-zero temperatures in the cloud-covered mountain ranges.

Mendez admitted that the ban had not curbed the heavy drinking before and during this year's race.

"You need to have a couple of drinks beforehand to calm your nerves," said 21-year-old Isabel Calmo, wearing the traditional costume of red and white stripped cotton trousers, an embroidered white shirt and straw hat stuffed with brightly colored feathers and ribbons.

"If we're drunk we can fall off the horse," he added.

The race, which is hundreds of years old, traces its roots to before the Spanish Conquest in the early 1500s. Local lore says the tradition began when 13 Mayan riders galloped for more than 60 miles to a nearby town arriving November 1, for the funeral of a local holy man.

After colonization, the race survived as a show of indigenous strength to the Spanish conquerors.

The narrow streets are decorated with colorful flags and bands playing marimba music for the weeklong party, the most important day of the year for the town and surrounding area.

Mendez admitted it's difficult to curtail the drinking.

"It's a holiday," he said.

it would be a sight to see for sure lol!
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 5:10 pm

fucken dumbass

IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE Capt.11419d2a20ad4d0f9e38b8182c0be68f.breathalyzer_halloween_cs101

Quote :
James P. Miller, 20, is shown Saturday, Oct. 31, 2009, in a police photo provided by the Oxford Ohio police department wearing a Halloween breathalyzer costume. Miller was arrested and charged with driving a vehicle while intoxicated after blowing a 0.158 on a breathalyzer test when he was stopped by Oxford police driving the wrong way on a one way street Halloween night
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:31 pm

13thAngel wrote:
Sex-toy study at Duke raises some eyebrows

Quote :
DURHAM, N.C. – A campus religious leader is unhappy about a study at Duke University that invites female students to attend parties where they can buy sex toys.

The News & Observer of Raleigh reported Friday that the director of the Duke Catholic Center has lodged a complaint with researchers. The Rev. Joe Vetter says the study doesn't promote relationships.

The study asks female students over age 18 to attend the events that are similar to Tupperware parties but with erotic toys, lingerie and games. The women complete surveys about their sexual attitudes before and after the parties and get product discounts.

A spokesman for Duke said the sex-toy party project went through the peer review process. Vetter says he plans to discuss the topic at Sunday mass.

hmmmm......... vera insteresting bounce

Welcome to the Bible Belt...and if I find out which religious freak it is working at me library - removing my favorite authors books that are VERY OFFENSIVE - I'm gonna turn her porch into a Voodoo shrine - 13 can you send me a chicken carcass??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE   IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IT WAS NEWS SOMEWHERE
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next