HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'

Go down 
+11
Haunz
the B
Iron Head
QOTR
wattage
\swampman/
newmoon
Bogle the Dark Angel
iyloma
StoneyMaroney
13thAngel
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
13thAngel

13thAngel

presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' Empty
PostSubject: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:05 pm

Stoney wrote:
Here's some new videos I uploaded, all from Fun and Crust Festival 2008.
That was the first gig walking again after the air guitar accident ;-)

THE GRAND SLEEP
VOODOO DRUM
TEN BILLION MILES

Hoss wrote:
Dusty Miller owns. 🤘

Stoney wrote:
Last rehearsel was the best rehearsel we ever had.
There have been a lot of problems lately, and Randy fromt he Fyredogs has to replace our drummer for the Belfast gigs.
But this rehearsel was so fucking great, after 9 years in this band I really felt why we do this again.
We found our own sound finally. Immediately kicked out the weaker of the enw tracks and started all over. Our guitar sounds fit together perfectly now, not getting in each other's way, and it all just kind of fell into place.
From the debut, only Devil's Hoof, Way Down, The Grand Sleep and Ten Billion Miles are gonna survive, and we'll probably re-record them with a rougher, more lively sound. We made two new songs in one rehearsal dance
It's all much more in the direction I love most now, more Stoner Rock, Doom and straight Rock and Roll instead of the endless time changes and too many notes/solos. I also use a lower voice. It has sort of a Spiritual Beggars air.
After this, it's going to feel very strange to play the old songs on our little trip to Belfast. I want to erase everything and start over new !
Playing in a band means a lot of frustration, but there's moments that make you realize it makes you damn happy dance dance dance

Stoney wrote:
newmoon wrote:

I'd like to know which songs are on it and was gathering the purchase info so I can request one from my mom for my birthday - end of summer - so you may have to wait on that ring (btw we call that the Rebel Flag or Confederate Flag - true redneck).

Stoney wrote:
newmoon wrote:
Stoney wrote:
newmoon wrote:

I'd like to know which songs are on it and was gathering the purchase info so I can request one from my mom for my birthday - end of summer - so you may have to wait on that ring (btw we call that the Rebel Flag or Confederate Flag - true redneck).

OK, here it is:

Devil's Hoof
Voodoo Drum
Ten Billion Miles
Way Down
These Walls Can Talk
(spoken word interlude)
Febrifuge
Traumatology
(instrumental interlude with backmasked hommage to Rob and Hope)
The Grand Sleep
Between the Stones
Institution Green
Helicopter Head
The War is Over
(acoustic)

It comes in a Jewel case with see-through tray and full color twelve page booklet with all the lyrics and looks professional quality.
The sound is too clinical and computer-like (number two will sound a lot dirtier, have my word on it), but for a debut I'd say it's pretty professional.
If I get to send another packet to the US until late summer, I can put a burnt EP with new songs and a studio version of X-ray Blues on top, as well as a handful of different badges (I love badges, they cost almost nothing and you get to have at least one merchandise item lol)

SOLD - I'll be contacting Angel - crap now I gotta wait like 2 months Rolling Eyes
I will start whinning to my mom to get it for me Aug 1st. Wanted to make sure The Grand Sleep & Febrifuge were on it (thought maybe the last was newer or something) - if the bonus comes any earlier lemme know and I pull out the stops to get it.............I'm excited 😁

I don't know if I'm ruining your birthday 'surprise' now, but actually nobody had to pay in advance for this.
Some board members paid 12 months later, and Keith actually never paid (and I'd forgotten all about it, too), then when he picked me up from the airport and I could sleep at his place, he was like "Yeah, liked the CD...yeah well...never sent you any money actually" We were even then Laughing
So if you'd like to have it now, Hope'll send it out to you.
I don't know how far from each other you guys live and how costy postage'll be to send you some more stuff afterwards.
Just saying you can have it if you want (I'm a musician not a businessman)
You decide. :idea:

Stoney wrote:
That was postponed till coming Sunday.

I joined the University Gospel Choir yesterday though.
I walked in in my jeans adn army shirt and everybody else wore suits.
The leader asked whether I was a tenor or a bass and I just had no idea.
There were notes, but I had no idea what to make of them either, so I had one guy point up and down with his finger for me and listened to the others Laughing
It's all quite puzzling when you're used to scream against a Marshall and
I was lagging behind all the time.
At some point though, we had to hold an extremely high note, I think it was the G above the high C (correct me, Ann if that makes no sense) and I went all Halford. One of the intimidatingly musically educated guys turned around to me and said: "Dude, you didn't just sing this in your normal breast voice? You can't. You just have to go into falsetto. What's wrong with you?"
Sure I can. Never seen the movie Rockstar?
Reporter: So Izzy... how do you keep your voice is such fine shape?
Chris: Well, my choir teacher gave me a lot of lessons...
Kirk: [interrupting] He eats a lot of pussy.
Chris: Oh yeah, I eat a lot of pussy... tons...
Rolling Eyes Laughing 🆒 Razz

It was fun from then on Smile

newmoon wrote:
well now it's really in me head. flash In case anyone gives a shit and I don't care if you don't I'm going tell ya anyway... The part I keep hearing is the break in The Grand Sleep, that guitar before and under "...this pillow..." is like a camel ride past the pyramids with hot wind blowing fine sand in your face. Desert camel ride....yeah 🆒
The whole thing is good! dance dance

Bogle The Dark Angel wrote:
Craig's favourite bit is "..... faucet it dripping so loud in my head!!!!!"

Me - I just love the whole thing - the bits that I helped with make me go all fluffy and proud ... dance

[quote="newmoon
I love that song, in it's entirety it's my fav. on there - When I hear the above all I can think of is where Stoney was bitching (in some thread) about his heater being busted and leaking - that's a heat blocker (febrifuge). 😁
I like the familiar names in the thanks notes - dats cool 🆒

Stoney wrote:
WATT wrote:
I hope Stoney isnt the Lars type. I gave a few friends a copy of my Dusty Miller disc.

You're killing the music man, YOU'RE KILLING THE MUSIC!
 presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' 280px-Metallica
etc.

Laughing

Stoney wrote:
newmoon wrote:
me mom heard it and wanted to know who it was, she's 68 and liked it 😁

Now that's cool dime

newmoon wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Cool, Hope.
I just came back from Belfast (delayed flight) and it was absoutely incredible. I'm too damn tired to type, will post something tomorrow.
cawfee

That's cool that it ws good! 😁 Looking forward to details.

Stoney wrote:
Whoah, great!
I'll be running to the mailbox every morning now 😁

Ok, here is how the Belfast trip was:

Anto from Sinocence picked us up at Belfast and we made our quarter at his place. Human tetris, that was. 4 guys on the floor and sofa in a stuffed 10 square metres room Laughing
The guy doesn't exactly live in a villa, but what he had he shared with us.
That's my favorite kind of people :bang:
So...in the evening we played in some suburb, the sound sucked but the show was great and we had a good time.
sinocence are a fucking amazing metal band, sort of Machine Head style.
Next day, Anto showed us around town and asked at the door if they'd let us into the Ulster Hall. We were allowed in and OH MY GOD IS IT BEAUTIFUL Shocked (see photo)
It went directly on my list of places to play some day, together with the Royal Albert Hall. Hey, some day 😁
 presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' ULSTERHALL1

The waitress at the adjacent café was all excited when she heard we were a band, asked all kinds of questions and supplied us with a stash of free sandwiches dance How cool is that?
We saw a lot of the beautiful and ugly sides of Belfast, but it all went down very nice. The murals and bullet holes were not a nice sight, but the atmosphere in Belfast has MUCH improved since I went there as a kid and was frightened to death. Anto also had a couple of bad stories to tell. 7 years ago, he was 10 minutes late for work to find his colleague shot to death in their office. Only ten minutes saved his life. Oh my.

There were two kinds of posters all over town:
Down in Mandela Hall and Dusty Miller in Lavery's Bunker ;-)

presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' POSTER

The pubs in Belfast are first class.
The best part was the gig in the Bunker. We played with Trucker Diablo, who make pretty good hardrock, and Sinocence of course. We were last on the bill and nice and drunk by the time we started playing. Best gig we ever played, most fun we ever had. Randy is a great fucking drummer, and delivered such a reliable basis that it was easy to go completely out of our heads without fearing to stumble.
We stayed and partied till the club closed.

Next night was Prong at Katy Daly's, and the guys from Down were there, too. We met Kirk on the street but he was so completely off his face I didn't want to bother him with fanboy behavior. At the gig, bookers and bands came to us and offered to organize a couple of gigs together. Apparently, we've made an impression, yeah!
We're coming back for the first two weeks of November, Katy Daly's is one of the clubs we can play then.

None of us wanted to leave Monday. We all wish we could have stayed longer. So looking forward to November!

Stoney wrote:
Favorite quote of the night came from Trucker Diablo:
"This next one is called MY TRUCK and it's about... .... my truck"
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stoney wrote:
Epic...failure
We were supposed to play the samll stage at Wacken South festival (Wacken went so big they made two additional smaller Wackens to compensate that tickets sell out so quick) with a couple of big names, Uli John Roth (ex-scorpions) was one of them and I love watching him, so that seemed very cool.
Then somethign went SEVERELY wrong and they postponed the whole shebang we were part of, so we ended up playing in Würzburg (300km from here), in a very very very big hall, on a Sunday, and that with really sunny weather and barely any promotion.

Plaing a small club for 20 people can still be a good gig, though it wouldn't pay off financially.

Playing a hall with a capacity of 5.000 people is epic.

Driving 300 km to paly a hall with a capacity of 5.000, and then only twenty people show up, well that is epic failure Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Still had fun, made friends with a very nice metal band from Bavaria. It was still ridiculous though Laughing

Stoney wrote:
WOOH-FUCKING-WHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My friend finished the cover for the record and sent me a cutout, and I love it. Trippy as shit! I made a little flyer out of it:

presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' INternetflyerenglish

It looks a lot like the Cathedral covers and I LOVE the Cathedral covers.
This was exactly what iw as hoping to get. Yeah, can't wait to see the whole painting ! !

Stoney wrote:
Here's the cutout without text.
Attention: Will make you stoned just from watching it :idea: 🆒

presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' Cover-1

Stoney wrote:
Innit? :mrgreen:

reminds me of a mixture of these Cathedral covers:

presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' Cathedral%2B-%2BThe%2BCarnival%2BBizarre%2Bfront

presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' Cathedral_Forest+Of+Equilibrium_5018615104322

presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' CathedralCaravan
 presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' 210649

AND

the book covers from Jostein gaarder's books (great read, read em all when I was younger):

presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' 9783423620772

(You know, the way the colors are mixted, that rough structure with a lot of little dots...)

Well, that and Jensen's own magic :mrgreen:

I should post a link to his work. I'll look it up.

Stoney wrote:
Just played an open air in Frankfurt, and Oh my God there were Stonerrock fans all over the place. What a gig dance dance dance

Stoney wrote:
Yeah, somebody put two of the songs on Youtube already:

WAY DOWN LIVE AT F:O:A
GREEN MANALISHI LIVE AT F:O:A

My hopping around looks a bit strange when you don't see the audience, but believe me the atmosphere was great :mrgreen:

Stoney wrote:
Cool, turns out we have a high quality vid of the gig in Frankfurt.
I chopped it into clips, uploaded one so far:

TEN BILLION MILES

Best take of this song so far, whether live or in the studio.
I wish all gigs could be like this one :mrgreen:

PS The Internet here does't work and even my cellphone is worthless by the sea, lol. So I can only come by and check out what's new at the internet cafe.
The Sea is wonderful, I go swimming every day and I'm already bronzing like mad. No cellphone, no streass, only the suna nd the sea. Perfect holidays. 🆒

the B wrote:
Just linked it on my face book dance

Stoney wrote:

Cool. I also have Way Down (much better quality than the one already up), Sympathy for the devil (drunk, chaotic and very fun), X-Ray Blues, Green Manalishi, The Grand Sleep, Devil's Hoof and a new song, Daggers in my Eyes. But the connection here is so lame, it took one hour to upload even that one song. I'll make a DVD of this concert though, with a proper menu and takes from other concerts, and maybe some acoustic material from a radio session to come and tour footage, and give it away with the CDs.
The quality is much better than on youtube, but if I tried to upload this shit in better quality, it'd take me a hundred years :-)

Next time I send something over to Rob adn Hope, I'll send a stash of free DVDs along. Or maybe I can upload that stuff on megaupload as a DVD burn image, so everyone can make their own copy.
Don't know if that works.

Anyways, I thought maybe a DVD with live footage is much better as a demo than a regular four-track, too. Maybe some will actually watch it and not throw it away right away lol.

the B wrote:
right on...make that DVD...I want it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sak dance

Stoney wrote:
Whah, INternetcafe closing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rRvMWr32dw

Stoney wrote:
The encore: Sympathy for the Devil. We were all a bit drunk by then.
Ends in complete chaos. At 7:30, what Thomas steps on is me lying there lol
See in the end? We converted them all to evil, etc.

SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL

Stoney wrote:
QUESTION:

"You tasted like sun"

Can you say this? Or does "sun" need an article?

Stoney wrote:
Yeah, I'm gonna go with "tasted like the sun".
It's about brilliant sex in an otherwise capsized relationship.

Hey Bogle, I have matched some lyrics to songs already.
Got time to help me correction-wise again? :mrgreen:

Stoney wrote:
It did get loud :-)
We are a band again now.
randy is a full member.
When we crossed the border to Northern Ireland, there was a police control.
They wanted my passport, but I said I had it in the trunk...
The officer looked at us and said "You four are a band, aren't you? Ok, I don't need your passports".
I think that wraps it up. :bang:

Oh, and we're getting a hammond organ for the album!
Fucking Clutch style 🆒

Stoney wrote:
13thAngel wrote:
i already cant fucken wait!!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------

swampy was sporting his DM shirt to a pahty yesterday........
gotta luff eeeettttt

dance flash dance

Hey, here#s the shirts we're having made next week:

presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' DUSTYMILLERSHIRT

I took that pic of Thomas' halfstack and my guitar in the rehearsel room to put it on the shirt.
turned out pretty good.
Of course you can tell I've seen the backcover of Blues for the red sun before lol Laughing

Stoney wrote:
OK, new hope:
Tomorrow, we're checking out a potential new drummer.
He's a colleague of our bassist's girlfriend.
Big fan of Down...likes our music...been palying drums for a long time...
she says he's really nice. I hope this is gonna work out.

Stoney wrote:
New guy was himotivated, had a great taste in music, learned the entire album by heart in one night after work, but sadly, he had no groove at all.
The worst thing about this is that the Fyredogs are pissed at me for trying to "steal" Randy (which is bullshit, I played in both abnds, too, and I worked hard for both). Looks like I might be losing friends over all that shit.

Plus, we have all these great songs and noone to record them with.
I got a bad case of musical blue balls. Shit. Mad

Stoney wrote:
the B wrote:
if playing music was easy, everyone would do it

But everyone does do it.
There's about 30 emo bands in this area.
And they've got enough musical talent for half a person, all taken together lol Laughing

the B wrote:
that's it....join an emo band Laughing

WATT wrote:
Stoney wrote:
the B wrote:
if playing music was easy, everyone would do it

But everyone does do it.
There's about 30 emo bands in this area.
And they've got enough musical talent for half a person, all taken together lol Laughing

Thats how it is in my town. 14-15 year olds who dont even know 3 chords who havent been playing but a few mos are suddenly musicians.

"Hey, I just picked a guitar up a month ago for the first time. Lets start a punk band" Neutral Thats a big reason why shows around here are jokes. 99% of them just make noise and jump around acting retarded. eyehateit. Punk bands suck dicks Mad

Stoney wrote:
Bomber (my imaginary bulldog) and me wearing the new shirts.
(nodding head down to avoid bald patch exposure Sad )
\/
 presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' Shirtsmaller2
 presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' Shirtsmaller3

If you ever see a pic of me not striking the doom hand pose, I've been obducted by aliens and replaced with a normal person. :tripped:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so i have brought most of the 1st DM thread.......
lets just pick up where we left off

stoney stoney

Last edited by 13thAngel on Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' Empty
PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:36 pm

Wow, can't believe you copied all that form the old board, Hope cheers
Cheers!

We're looking for a new drummer currently, and if we ever find one, we'll lay this shit down and make a record we can all be proud of...
I wish I was in the studio right now.
Back to top Go down
iyloma

iyloma

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 8:09 am

StoneyMaroney wrote:
I wish I was in the studio right now.
We all wish you were. Hurry up with the new stuff! Mad
Wink
Good luck on the drummer hunt! *fingers crossed*
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:33 am

You wouldn't believe how urgent this feels.
If someone told me right now I could get the perfect durmmer and get into studio instantly if I agreed to live celibate for the next three years, I'd do it.
OK, maybe two years. One. One year. I'd really do it.
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:58 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Shocked tongue Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stoney - I think I might need some more copies of The Grand Sleep ....... cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 5:15 pm

Cooool cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 5:20 pm

I gave a copy to my buddy Layla, she's an apprentice tattoo artist in London and your disc is now being played CONSTANTLY in the tattoo palour - everyone's asking who y'all are and where they can get the CD from cheers Shocked I love you Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 5:30 pm

Bogle the Dark Angel wrote:
I gave a copy to my buddy Layla, she's an apprentice tattoo artist in London and your disc is now being played CONSTANTLY in the tattoo palour - everyone's asking who y'all are and where they can get the CD from cheers Shocked I love you Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Whoah damn cool. How many shall I send over? alien
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 5:35 pm

how many ya got left?? seriously ... a dozen mebbe?? Is that OK, or would German 'customs officers' have a problem with that??

Have you got my 'new' home address? oh wait - better to send it to my works address anyhow ... have you got that one, still????!!!

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 5:44 pm

Bogle the Dark Angel wrote:
how many ya got left?? seriously ... a dozen mebbe?? Is that OK, or would German 'customs officers' have a problem with that??

Have you got my 'new' home address? oh wait - better to send it to my works address anyhow ... have you got that one, still????!!!

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

I found out the only ones caring are the customs officers on the receiving side.
Which means I have problems every time someone sends something to me, but if English customs don't complain,
I can send over whatever I want.
OK, I'll send you a dozen. Cool bounce
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

excellent! family
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 3:21 pm

Ann, I've got another question:
I figured out a title for the last song of the album, and it has to be the exact words forn there's something hidden in there,
and the title still seems to make sense, but I'm not sure.
Fey Jitters Blues
So, fey as in near death or in an alternative state of mind (??)
Jitters as in having the jitters, trembling from fear
so does an expression like "the fey jitters" make any sense in English?

I really hope so, that would be so cool Twisted Evil
sublime shit etc affraid
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 5:06 pm

u are just so fucken cool Jan....
stone cold tr0000000!!!

i love it and it sounds just right to me stoney

btw...did u happen to notice what this lil dude is called >>>>>> stoney

whistle fyah metal afro Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 5:07 pm

sorry...i know u wasnt asking ME.....but i couldnt help but throw my 2cents in there too Razz
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 5:10 pm

Hmmm - Jitters is common in english ... though hardly anyone uses 'fey' anymore - which is a shame - we don't exactly have a comparable word in use and I rather like 'fey' ...

mebbe you should stick with it coz it's an unusual and distinctly eccentric kind of expression!! I likes it!

sunny
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:44 pm

Cool, I can use it then, thanks.
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:45 pm

13thAngel wrote:
u are just so fucken cool Jan....
stone cold tr0000000!!!

i love it and it sounds just right to me stoney

btw...did u happen to notice what this lil dude is called >>>>>> stoney

whistle fyah metal afro Twisted Evil

Ccol, I hadn't noticed alien
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 8:34 pm

*cough* my 2 cents:

I've always understood Fey as Fairies - shit lemme google...
here:
"Fairies, elves, dryads, brownies, gnomes, trolls, sprites, elementals, and devas: all of these are fey.
The fey are commonly understood to be Earth or Nature Spirits who reside in an alternate mystical and vibrational realm. There are myriad tribes in the fairy realms - as there are in the mortal domain. The fey are also just as busy, friendly, benevolent, mischievous, wicked, and passionate as we are. They can be opinionated, malicious, affectionate and timid; some are spiteful and vile, and they are sometimes just as mean spirited as humans occasionally are. "

I believe it's Scottish slang...that I could be oh so wrong on (didn't google)

But dude as a song title this still rocks in a different way..............
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:33 pm

*sigh
Searching for drummers sucks. Especially when it's the sixth time.

We made a classified ad and there's only zombies calling us now.

One guy got a facebook page where he says his favorite bands are Dildo for my Valentine,
Limp Bizshit and Killswitch Engay.
Plus he proclaims his IQ is above 130 and he loves his own intelligence. at the same time, he apparently is the "best beerdrinker in the world"
AND loves Starlight Express.
Holy shit. Split personality, anyone?
Plus he makes a pretty nationalistic impression on top of that Neutral Just what we needed lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
\swampman/
ThE oNlY sWaMp In ThE DeSeRt
\swampman/

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 3:27 am

Move to the states!

whistle
Back to top Go down
https://humansoup.rpg-board.net
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:37 am

I'd love to Very Happy

Hey, there's new hope. Called a good drummer, friend of a friend, who is pretty enthusiastic. Got the flu right now though, so we'll wait.
Back to top Go down
\swampman/
ThE oNlY sWaMp In ThE DeSeRt
\swampman/

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 4:44 pm

StoneyMaroney wrote:
I'd love to Very Happy

Hey, there's new hope. Called a good drummer, friend of a friend, who is pretty enthusiastic. Got the flu right now though, so we'll wait.

Right on man! cheers Hope it all works out for you guys and you get back to jamming soon... metal
Back to top Go down
https://humansoup.rpg-board.net
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 7:04 pm

we could adopt ya stoney....we could just say ur a hairy.....husky 10 year old.....i'm sure we could pull it off What a Face
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 12:34 am

13thAngel wrote:
we could adopt ya stoney....we could just say ur a hairy.....husky 10 year old.....i'm sure we could pull it off What a Face

I'd just have to stop waxing my back then monkey
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 12:59 pm

another lyrics question:

Can you say

"You gotta wet the desert" ?
Or does it imply urinating? I just mean water the desert, but that's one syllable too many.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'    presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

presenting the human soup "houseband"........The Grand Sleep......fromerly known as 'Dusty Miller'
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next