HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T

Go down 
+7
QOTR
Krissah
firebaugh
Bogle the Dark Angel
13thAngel
Haunz
StoneyMaroney
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T Empty
PostSubject: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:42 pm

I decided to completely nuke my harddrive and go Linux, and I have finally managed to get this going, so
Yay, I got my interwebz back, and to celebrate, here is the new Bullshit thread cheers

pig
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:50 pm

linux? dude, what are you on? Laughing
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 1:38 pm

I'm exploring alternatives. Never used anything other than Windows. I went for Kubuntu.
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 2:26 pm

cool, certainly depends on what you need i guess.

i have some experience with a variety of os's. at the moment mac os x best fits my needs and altough i would hate to work on a windows machine i must say that windows 7 really is the best windows in quite a while. linux systems are too complicated for me. a lot of linux people see a great oportunity in the possibilty to configure everything but for me it's just a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 3:05 pm

Well, I'm no computer crack whatsoever, the only thing I can manage is hardware stuff, used to do a lot of tuning.
I hope I'll get the drift and make everything work.
I didn't even realize Linux was incabable of coping with .exe files, good grief, there's a lot of work ahead Laughing

Holy shit, I just downloaded a program that allows me to install programs in Ubuntu.
You can't just doubleclick an exe file like in Windows, NO you have to start an application and go from there...strange. But now that I found out I'm all rpoud. I spent an hour double clicking exe files and wondering why nothing happened Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 4:19 pm

you do have programs in linux, they just aren't stored in a .exe file but in a .tar.gz file typically.

so, if you want to use a text processing program in windows you have to click on openOfficeWriter.exe to install this program. in linux you would have to install a file called openOfficeWriter.tar.gz to install the same program.

i would not recommend to run .exe programs on linux since they are often very slow due to the different underlying program structure, rather try to get the linux version of your program. almost all the regular programs are available for all the common os's. if i can help, just let me know.
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 5:01 pm

Haunz wrote:
you do have programs in linux, they just aren't stored in a .exe file but in a .tar.gz file typically.

so, if you want to use a text processing program in windows you have to click on openOfficeWriter.exe to install this program. in linux you would have to install a file called openOfficeWriter.tar.gz to install the same program.

i would not recommend to run .exe programs on linux since they are often very slow due to the different underlying program structure, rather try to get the linux version of your program. almost all the regular programs are available for all the common os's. if i can help, just let me know.

Yeah, thanks, I'll most certainly ask for help in the future.
I did figure out a lot in the last hour though, Gimp, Open Office, Firefox and vlc are installed and working, the desktop is customized and looks pretty, and I'm ready to finally start working on my presentation for Wednesday pig
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:41 pm

it like y'all are speaking in anotha language to me Laughing
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:11 pm

13thAngel wrote:

Wait, I'll sum it up for ya...

StoneyMaroney wrote:
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah......... the desktop looks pretty.......blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahb

king
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:50 am

StoneyMaroney wrote:
13thAngel wrote:

StoneyMaroney wrote:
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah......... the desktop looks pretty.......blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahb

king

Hahahahaha!!!

I wondered what that wooshing sound was ....

..................... it was just Haunz and Stoney's conversation going right over my head ..... Razz
Back to top Go down
firebaugh

firebaugh

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 4:35 pm

StoneyMaroney wrote:
13thAngel wrote:

StoneyMaroney wrote:

king

What distro are you using?
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 7:59 pm

firebaugh wrote:
StoneyMaroney wrote:
13thAngel wrote:

StoneyMaroney wrote:

king

What distro are you using?

Kubuntu 10.10
AT first, I tried Ubuntu 9.04 with the GNOME interface, but decided to kill it all again and go straight for the latest release of Kubuntu (instead of the painful update/upgrade marathon).
It's a whole lot more fun for me playing with all the possibilities KDE offers, as opposed to the more static GNOME.
Maybe GNOME is not static at all and I just didn't find the right buttons, but that was my impression.
With KDE, I was able to make my desktop feel more windows-ish and customize everything, which helps getting into this stuff.

I know that a lot of the cool gimmicks in KDE have long been available to Vista or 7 Users, but I never tried anything above XP, so I'm like a kid in toyland pig
I suppose GNOME uses less system resources, but hell, my system runs faster than it did with XP from day one, and I have everything installed that I need.

The only thing that's still bugging me a little is the download/install routine.
It's pretty nice and easy with Software Centre/Synaptic, and .deb files are no problem, but .rpm and targ.gz are a pain in the ass, so I'm downloading alien right now.
I think Linux would be A LOT more popular if these minor, quick-to overcome obstacles weren't there.
I guess you get it all within a few days, but many people delete Linux on day one, and I can't blame em Laughing
Microsoft definitely does have a usability bonus, though part of that is probably that we're so used to it.
Back to top Go down
firebaugh

firebaugh

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:40 pm

Cool, I've never really liked GNOME. KDE's always been much easier to use and customize to me. I have Kubuntu 10.04 running in VMware at home and on my work laptop. I also just installed an Ubuntu 10.04 server last week to run some network monitoring software on. The server's command line only but it hasn't been an issue. Sudo apt-cache search, apt-get install, sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get dist-upgrade take care of almost everything I need.
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:59 pm

firebaugh wrote:
Cool, I've never really liked GNOME. KDE's always been much easier to use and customize to me. I have Kubuntu 10.04 running in VMware at home and on my work laptop. I also just installed an Ubuntu 10.04 server last week to run some network monitoring software on. The server's command line only but it hasn't been an issue. Sudo apt-cache search, apt-get install, sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get dist-upgrade take care of almost everything I need.

I only just learned this morning what sudo means Laughing
I'm no computer crack and I haven't typed any text commands since the days of my childhood, while playing on my dad's 3/86 machine Laughing Laughing Laughing
Gonna get used to that again though.

metal
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:05 pm

And while we're at it: BEST WINDOWS COMMERCIAL EVER:

Back to top Go down
Krissah

Krissah

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:49 am

My fiancee has been trying to get me to switch foreeeeeeever. He loves Linux. He runs Fedora on all his machines. I hear endless blathers about RedHat. Hope you like it Razz I'll change one day.
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 6:04 pm

Krissah wrote:
My fiancee has been trying to get me to switch foreeeeeeever. He loves Linux. He runs Fedora on all his machines. I hear endless blathers about RedHat. Hope you like it Razz I'll change one day.

Well it sure is an advantage having someone around who already uses this stuff and can guide you I guess.

Completely unrelated: Please watch this video, it's short and it is hilarious.

Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 6:37 pm

ha! I love how he is rubbing his nose as he runs away. Looks like it smarted.
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:13 pm

So this woman added me on facebook, Maiden shirt, sabbath dan group, so I thought she probably knew me from this board or whatever.
I confirmed and browsed through her pics and then I saw a pic of her son and the comment:
"My Aryan godchild"
My serious question is: Does this mean what I think it means?
Or is there any alternative meaning to the word?
Is she actually proudly proclaiming on facebook that her kid is a KKK brat? WTF?
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:24 pm

I can't think of anyone speaking english and use the word "aryan" to proudly describe someone and not be a bigot
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:40 pm

the B wrote:
I can't think of anyone speaking english and use the word "aryan" to proudly describe someone and not be a bigot
slash idiot, I might add. speaking of add, Ten minutes on ym friends list is enough Razz
BTW her kid looks like this --> pig
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:44 pm

I have a friend who is in a relationship with a german nazi...so she has a lot of nazi friends, and they always try to add me. I find some of their profiles funny...they have pics with them giving nazi salutes in front of nazi flags in their living room...I always find that stuff funny Laughing .....and they spend alot of time blaming jews and muslims for everything that is wrong with the world..."I stubbed my toe last night on a jew made table". Laughing
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:51 pm

the B wrote:
I have a friend who is in a relationship with a german nazi...so she has a lot of nazi friends, and they always try to add me. I find some of their profiles funny...they have pics with them giving nazi salutes in front of nazi flags in their living room...I always find that stuff funny Laughing .....and they spend alot of time blaming jews and muslims for everything that is wrong with the world..."I stubbed my toe last night on a jew made table". Laughing

Oh, that's just our usual living room decoration.
Every German family has a photo like that in their family album. Heritage, etc cawfee
HEIL KRĂ„UTER!
EDIT: ATTENTION! IRONY! NOT ACTUALLY TRUE!

BTW it was news that these Russian kids were saved form wolves because Megadeth started playing on one of the boys' phone and scared the wolves away.
It turned out that actually, it was a group of fruity kids and the song was a Creed song. No wonder those wolves ran. cawfee

Last edited by StoneyMaroney on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:56 pm

you made me laugh at the end of a yucky work day. thank you kind sir!
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:57 pm

it may be part of your heritage...but this guy is the real deal...german and nazi...I laugh at him and his friends regularly
but not all her nazi friends are german...some are in canada, which makes it double funny.

I can understand germans keeping a nazi attitude, your grand fathers fought for you country, it IS part of your heritage.....but Canadian nazis are just plain dumb, our grandfathers fought against nazis...it's like betraying what they fought for

and canadian nazis rarely ever know what the fuck they are talking about. They barely know their history, and often quote fox news Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T   SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SMELLS LIKE...B U L L S H I T
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HUMAN SOUP :: THE INGREDIENTS :: General-
Jump to: