HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Black Label Society

Go down 
+4
wattage
StoneyMaroney
Bogle the Dark Angel
Berzerker
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Berzerker

Berzerker

Black Label Society Empty
PostSubject: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 5:31 pm

Can't believe its taken me this long to start a thread about my favorite band...

Some of my friends went to see them in NY on Halloween and said Zakk looked great and seemed like he was doing well. He recently had a scare with blood clots, but he seems to finally have gotten it under control. Suppsedly he has stopped drinking as well. I think he had to to get the blood thinning medicine to work right. Also, he is building a new studio at his compound so looking forward to a new album in 2010.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FauxkpcRQ
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 5:35 pm

Yer slacking Dave .... Evil or Very Mad shame on you for not doing this thread sooner - you deserve a spanking lol! flash kiss Very Happy Laughing
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 5:36 pm

Bogle the Dark Angel wrote:
Yer slacking Dave .... Evil or Very Mad shame on you for not doing this thread sooner - you deserve a spanking lol! flash kiss Very Happy Laughing

Added any BLS to your collection yet? and I do need some spankings ... stat! cyclops cyclops
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:18 pm

happy Zakk is doing well. Sorry man, but my favorite record of his will always be Pride and Glory (OMG the ownage).
then there were some great BLS ones, and then came a big pile of utter pig excrement (and I'm being kind).
I cannot believe the negative development Zakk has undergone. I mean, Mafia??? Shot to Hell??? compare any of this bullshit to Pride and Glory or 1919.
What does it give? More and more squeaking, more and more trying to sing like Ozzy in his worst days, and more and more cliché biker boy behavior
replacing the killer riffs and original musical ideas.
I still hope he can come back to former greatness.
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:10 pm

Wish the best for Craig. He is a great guy.
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:14 pm

Berzerker wrote:

He was staying here in Ky a few years ago. Up around little sturgis, or Morganfield I think. A cat who used to work for me got him to autograph some stuff for a Broe of mine who had a father that had just passed away. Good dude and a good drummer. I like his style. Hard hitting rob
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:24 pm

wattage wrote:
Berzerker wrote:

He was staying here in Ky a few years ago. Up around little sturgis, or Morganfield I think. A cat who used to work for me got him to autograph some stuff for a Broe of mine who had a father that had just passed away. Good dude and a good drummer. I like his style. Hard hitting rob

Yeah just a good solid rock drummer.
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:15 pm

StoneyMaroney wrote:
happy Zakk is doing well. Sorry man, but my favorite record of his will always be Pride and Glory (OMG the ownage).
then there were some great BLS ones, and then came a big pile of utter pig excrement (and I'm being kind).
I cannot believe the negative development Zakk has undergone. I mean, Mafia??? Shot to Hell??? compare any of this bullshit to Pride and Glory or 1919.
What does it give? More and more squeaking, more and more trying to sing like Ozzy in his worst days, and more and more cliché biker boy behavior

No need to apologize for liking P&G. That is some of his best stuff. I think Suicide Messiah kicks ass and so does the cover of I never Dreamed off of Mafia. Shot to Hell is his worst effort. He has damaged his voice to the point where I think he cannot do the lower stuff anymore. I hope his next release is better, but I will always support him because I think he is a good guy and works his ass off for his fans.

I would like him to do some acoustic stuff.
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:10 pm

yup....i am 100% in agreement with dp Black Label Society 9906
tho i hear hes putting out another new one and i am not finding myself even slightly interested Black Label Society Icon_silent
Back to top Go down
elektriklady

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:12 am

Berzerker wrote:
StoneyMaroney wrote:

No need to apologize for liking P&G. That is some of his best stuff. I think Suicide Messiah kicks ass and so does the cover of I never Dreamed off of Mafia. Shot to Hell is his worst effort. He has damaged his voice to the point where I think he cannot do the lower stuff anymore. I hope his next release is better, but I will always support him because I think he is a good guy and works his ass off for his fans.

I would like him to do some acoustic stuff.

I agree DP....he's a great guy! He was really nice to my kids on two different occassions. It was when my ex and I were splitting up and that was really hard on the kids. Zakk had no way of knowing that, of course...he's just a great guy!

My favorite Zakk cd is 1919 Eternal. But I like all the others too. I didn't buy the last one, but I think each one has a couple of songs that I will always know the words to....And he DID write No More Tears, dammit!

He's had his health and personal problems just like the rest of us, but he's on the rebound, we all hope! He's still a talented guitarplayer and songwriter.
He's also brought alot of us together as forever friends.

I'm with you, I hope he does do some more accoustic. And he's a fabulous piano player to boot. A Whiter Shade of Pale sent shivers up my spine. I was only six years old when that song came out and I used to hear it every night on my transistor radio that I kept hidden under my pillow when I was supposed to be asleep.
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 2:20 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok6kALnuKyI

Will probably not be liked here.

I am diggin it!

BLS - Parade of the Dead
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 8:53 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ooooh - me too - me likey this lots cheers bow banana stoney metal Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:48 am

typical bls Black Label Society 989565

i want to hear the whole record in good quality before i judge it though
Back to top Go down
elektriklady

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:20 am

Oh...some heavy shit! Very Happy
sounding good!
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 10:21 pm

classic BLS sound. What's not to like? Black Label Society 989565
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:56 pm

Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:30 pm

Tour dates with Clutch and Children of Bodom.

http://www.blacklabelsociety.com/tour-dates

Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 3:06 am

holy.effing.awesome.
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:36 am

Berzerker wrote:

Gahhhhh - Godddammmmitttt!!! No UK dates ....

Saw BLS on Saturday at HIGH VOLTAGE festival in London ... and also CLUTCH playing on the Sunday ....

Both were utterly AWESOME ....

Just checked the tour dates you put up here - Hope they bring this back over to the UK - would love to see a proper BLS gig .... cheers stoney stoney stoney stoney stoney stoney stoney stoney stoney stoney
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:13 pm

Back to top Go down
elektriklady

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 2:08 pm

Bogle the Dark Angel wrote:
Berzerker wrote:

Gahhhhh - Godddammmmitttt!!! No UK dates ....

Saw BLS on Saturday at HIGH VOLTAGE festival in London ... and also CLUTCH playing on the Sunday ....

Both were utterly AWESOME ....

Just checked the tour dates you put up here - Hope they bring this back over to the UK - would love to see a proper BLS gig .... cheers stoney stoney stoney stoney stoney stoney stoney stoney stoney stoney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J88rl4ajLyA
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 7:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:12 pm

BLS number 4 on the Billboard top 200 list!!

Sold almost 45,000 CD's in the first week!!!
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:43 am

Feb 14 2011 7:00P O2 Academy Birmingham Birmingham, United Kingdom

Feb 15 2011 7:00P O2 Academy Newcastle Newcastle, GB

Feb 16 2011 7:00P 02 Academy Glasgow Glasgow, uk, UNITED KINGDOM

Feb 18 2011 7:00P Cambridge Corn Exchange Cambridge, UNITEDKINGDOM

Feb 19 2011 7:00P Southampton Guildhall Southampton, GB

Feb 21 2011 7:00P HMV Hammersmith Apollo London, GB

Feb 22 2011 7:00P ManchesterApolloManchester,gb

Feb 23 2011 7:00P Colston Hall Bristol, gb

Feb 25 2011 7:00P PARIS, FRANCE

Feb 26 2011 7:00P Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS

Feb 28 2011 7:00P tba Hamburg, GERMANY

Mar 1 2011 7:00P tba Aarhus, DENMARK