HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just to stay in shape …

Go down 
+3
QOTR
newmoon
Haunz
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Haunz

Haunz

Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just to stay in shape …   Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:05 pm

You have knowledge of a previous life? Really? Have we met before? bounce
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: Just to stay in shape …   Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:22 am

Ha! "In a previous life" is what I use to refer to periods of time spent with ex-boyfriends/ex-social circles.
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Just to stay in shape …   Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:24 pm

QOTR wrote:
Ha! "In a previous life" is what I use to refer to periods of time spent with ex-boyfriends/ex-social circles.

Laughing Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 989565
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: Just to stay in shape …   Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:28 am

QOTR wrote:
I started a four week "fit camp" this morning. The soreness is already settling in. Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 989565

geez louise, tonight was hard. Prepare for some major whining tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Just to stay in shape …   Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:45 am

No pain - no gain Wink

I visited my doc a short while ago. He checked pretty much anything which is worth checking for a 22 year old. Turns out I'm in good shape – I was very happy to hear that!

I also visited a sports physician. He gave me some good advices and I thought I'd share.

My exercise echocardiography showed that I have a resting heart rate of 50 beats per minute and my optimal training heart rate is 140-150 for running (it's lower for cycling for example). So I bought a heart rate monitor (you have a measuring device around your chest which sends the current value to your watch – it's cheap and comfortable and you can use it for all kinds of sports, even swimming). Turns out that I was actually running too fast. My heart rate was at 170 although the perfect success of training is between 140 and 150 for me.

I was running only once a week lately – he told me that ain't good. At least two times a week are necessary to get an effect. He also told me that some strength training once a week would be a good support, so I'll start doing that too. Furthermore he gave me a book about nutrition and everything else concerning health.

So, I can only advise everyone to go see a doctor. If you really want to get the best out of it, it makes, of course, sense to talk to somebody who actually studied it. Also, you get specific information about what's best for you, unlike what you learn from a book, or a DVD or something. And last but not least he can tell if there are any dangers if you are a beginner or if you're doing anything wrong if you already started.

Next thing for me is to make a strict exercise plan. I will go running twice a week, at least 10km, maybe more since I'm running slower now. And I will do some strength training once a week - I'm not quite sure what yet. I've got to like it, otherwise I won't do it for long. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Just to stay in shape …   Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 6:06 pm

I finished my workout plan, here it is:

1. As many crunches as possible in good form
2. As many push-ups as possible in good form
3. As many dips as possible in good form
4. 60 seconds rest

I repeat those four steps until 20 minutes are over and that's my workout. I do that twice a week and also two times jogging – 20km – per week.

Monday: jogging
Wednesday: workout
Friday: jogging
Sunday: workout

I was told it is important to let the body rest and also give it time to build up muscle, so doing all of that on one or two days would not be an efficient training.
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Just to stay in shape …   Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 8:53 am

Cool - reminds me I really must try and find time for fitness Crying or Very sad Neutral
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: Just to stay in shape …   Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:16 pm

Sounds like an intense workout Haunz. When I did that fit camp this summer, I was really impressed with how good a workout one could get just by moving your own body-weight. Are you planning on doing any leg exercises or will your running care for your legs? In addition to push-ups & crunches, they had us doing lunches, squats , jump-squats, etc. Man, mixing those in with the push-ups and crunches, really kept the heart rate up!

I am registered for another 10K in October. With everything going on, I haven't prepared for it like I did the first. (Dr advised that I'm not supposed to do any intense activity for another week). I've proven to myself that I can do it earlier this year, so I'm not going to stress over it. I'm just going to show up and have fun and if I have to mix in some walking, so be it.
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Just to stay in shape …   Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:44 pm

Haunz wrote:
3. As many dips as possible.

Mmmmmm - guacamole .... hummous ... salsa ... Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Just to stay in shape …   Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:39 pm

QOTR wrote:
Sounds like an intense workout Haunz. When I did that fit camp this summer, I was really impressed with how good a workout one could get just by moving your own body-weight. Are you planning on doing any leg exercises or will your running care for your legs? In addition to push-ups & crunches, they had us doing lunches, squats , jump-squats, etc. Man, mixing those in with the push-ups and crunches, really kept the heart rate up!

I am registered for another 10K in October. With everything going on, I haven't prepared for it like I did the first. (Dr advised that I'm not supposed to do any intense activity for another week). I've proven to myself that I can do it earlier this year, so I'm not going to stress over it. I'm just going to show up and have fun and if I have to mix in some walking, so be it.

I did squats for a while but didn't really like it. Also my sports physician told me that it's actually a difficult exercise and you can injure yourself easily if you do it wrong, so I thought 40km running each week has got to be enough.

I think you've got a great attitude towards sports and that's half the battle in my opinion. I did try some stuff out before I finished my workout plan because I knew the exercises had to be – well, not exactly funny – but I had to enjoy them, otherwise I wouldn't keep them up for long. Good luck with your 10K!

Bogle the Dark Angel wrote:
Haunz wrote:
3. As many dips as possible.

Mmmmmm - guacamole .... hummous ... salsa ... Very Happy Very Happy

Laughing

Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 Drooling-homer-simpson

not those

Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 Guacamole-ck-577239-l

but those

Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 Arnold_schwarzenegger_dips

Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 Arnold-dips

Wink
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: Just to stay in shape …   Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:45 pm

I like Bogle's better. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Just to stay in shape …   Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:20 am

so do I! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Ooooh - that's Arnie in the pix ...

"Get tooo dahhh Chopper!!!!!!"

(sorry - I was watching Predator again the other night ..... Embarassed Smile )
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: Just to stay in shape …   Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:35 pm

QOTR wrote:

Did this 10K this morning. I was proud to see that even without properly training, coming off a 3 day binge in NOLA and a chest cold, that I was just 3 minutes slower than the last event. I bet I'll be sore tomorrow tho.
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Just to stay in shape …   Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 10:27 am

Hi Doka

Hope you're not in too much agony today! x x x

cheers kiss
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: Just to stay in shape …   Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:13 pm

Yeah, I'm hurting a bit. Taking tonight off for sure!
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Just to stay in shape …   Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 4:40 pm

QOTR wrote:
I like Bogle's better. Very Happy

this kind of dip. . .

Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 Dq-022709

vanilla in chocolate drool
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Just to stay in shape …   Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:03 pm

found another great way to stay in shape:

1. working out every time you're pissed
2. being pissed off 24/7
3. eating next to nothing

lost 20 lbs in the last couple of months without any intention to do so. down to 150 lbs now.
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Just to stay in shape …   Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:43 pm

Shocked i was gunna say...did u even have 20 lbs that u could lose. ur not a big guy as it is. omg. i weigh more than u Shocked
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Just to stay in shape …   Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:55 pm

you've also got bigger tits Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 989565

apart from that i think i mainly lost brain cells shrug
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Just to stay in shape …   Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:25 pm

Haunz wrote:
you've also got bigger tits Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 989565

apart from that i think i mainly lost brain cells shrug

Laughing Laughing no...really. i totally lol'ed hahahaa
Back to top Go down
\swampman/
ThE oNlY sWaMp In ThE DeSeRt
\swampman/

PostSubject: Re: Just to stay in shape …   Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:27 pm

Bogle the Dark Angel wrote:
Cool - reminds me I really must try and find time for fitness Crying or Very sad Neutral

Haha Laughing

Ann, I remember you and I saying that same thing a while ago. Finding time has become impossible. We have to make time afro
Back to top Go down
https://humansoup.rpg-board.net
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Just to stay in shape …   Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:56 am

Ha! Phuk fitness ... me too bizzy livvin'

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just to stay in shape …   Just to stay in shape … - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just to stay in shape …
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HUMAN SOUP :: THE INGREDIENTS :: General-
Jump to: