HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

>>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<

Go down 
+14
Doctor Acula
firebaugh
Bogle the Dark Angel
QOTR
Berzerker
Negative Outlook
\swampman/
13thAngel
Haunz
iyloma
StoneyMaroney
the B
wattage
newmoon
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
the B

the B

>>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:58 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:59 pm

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:00 am

Awww. Good for him.
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:41 pm

Congrats to papaPepper cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers family luff bow bow
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:56 pm

StoneyMaroney wrote:
cheers cheers cheers

agreed Cool
Back to top Go down
iyloma

iyloma

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 4:10 pm

Aye, congrats! metal
Well, now it's Mike or Reed's turn, right? Razz
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 6:50 pm

I think I remember dragonfly vetoing that notion, so I'll place money on Reed. Wink
Back to top Go down
iyloma

iyloma

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:00 am

Yep, I guess you're right, Queen!

Btw, I'll repost something I've just posted on the DB. The net nanny doesn't make me see the pics over here, so I hope it won't come out all facked up!

Quote :
I'm sure the diehard COC fans are already familiar with Brian walsby and his work, as a drummer (Snake Nation, Double Negative), as a comic artist (the Manchild books) and as the racounter of the hardcore scene, the Raleigh one in particular.

Well, his next effort is a must for the COC fans who want an insight in the early years of the band, in fact Mr. Walsby will finally put together the hardcore story of Raleigh and its main characters...

[url=http://introvertedloudmouth.blogspot.com/2010/01/progress-on-manchild-5-rabid-pack-with.html]introverted loudmouth[/url] wrote:
MANCHILD 5: RABID PACK WITH SIRENS HOWLING

Brian Walsby’s fifth book MANCHILD 5: RABID PACK WITH SIRENS HOWLING is a bit of a departure for Brian as he unveils an oral history of what went down in Raleigh North Carolina in the eighties. Punk rock is the name of the game, and Raleigh had a thriving and vital underground music scene that anyone would be proud of. Besides being peppered with photos, flyers and the occasional Walsby artwork you can read first hand accounts of what had happened from the likes of MIKE DEAN (Corrosion Of Confromity), JEB BISHOP (Jeb Bishop Trio, Stillborn Christians), WILLIAM DUVALL (Neon Christ, Alice In Chains), BOB SCHICK (Honor Role) and plenty more!
The band CORROSION OF CONFORMITY is more or less the centerpiece of this book by virtue of them being the area’s biggest and most legendary band. Their early rise to notoriety is well documented in the book as well as the times and life spans of some other important bands, like NO LABELS, STILLBORN CHRISTIANS, DAYS OF..and Richmond Virginia’s criminally underrated HONOR ROLE. We think that you will enjoy MANCHILD 5: RABID PACK WITH SIRENS HOWLING for the historic value of documenting those important times. Heck, even if you know nothing about Raleigh North Carolina, it is still an important entertaining and fun read.
As an extra bonus, a cd of some of the area’s best music will be included with the book. Four bands: STILLBORN CHRISTIANS, CORROSION OF CONFORMITY, NO LABELS and HONOR ROLE. It is a cd that features four bands playing some of the best music that you will ever hear, even if you have never heard it before. Trust me.

Here's the intended front cover of the cd, you can maybe recognize someone

>>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 Manchild+5+cd+front+cover
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:30 pm

thanks iyloma!
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:19 pm

I wonder if this has anything to do with the TV Pilot "Manchild" that was Bought and Shelved by SHOtime? I believe it was based on the comic book. It'll never see the light of day by anyone in any from now tho...
Back to top Go down
iyloma

iyloma

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:50 pm

I have to admit I never heard of that TV series, but I've just googled for it and I don't think it has anything to do with Walsby's comics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchild_(TV_series)
I mean, I really doubt anyone at BBC is even aware of the existance of those books Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
iyloma

iyloma

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 2:16 pm

I just posted about it on the DB and I thought it was worth a call on here as well...
http://elsercho.com/?p=23821
Well, I haven't verified anything of what's written in it nor I have read the original source. Plus I bet the earthquake in Chile has put the plan of a tour with Voivod on a hold at least... but I'd say it's good to know Pepper's in touch with the rest of the band (also Reed!) and COC is far from over! b coc
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:28 pm

iyloma wrote:
I have to admit I never heard of that TV series, but I've just googled for it and I don't think it has anything to do with Walsby's comics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchild_(TV_series)
I mean, I really doubt anyone at BBC is even aware of the existance of those books Laughing Wink

It had something to do with surfers and comic book geeks. They shot the pilot (a test show) and Sho - time bought the rights to it but does not want to do the series and still owns all rights - so no one can have it now.

Kevin Smith was an actor in it and was glad it was shelved b/c he's scared of hte ocean and every episode was to open with the group of guys on their boards in the water. Filmed in California - 1 One hour episode shot.

other than that I know nothing..... but you wouldn't find it b/c it NEVER aired on TV or Cable
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit NO NOT THE SAME AT ALL - based on the BBC series - I just wondered b/c Smith is a huge Comic Book fan and owns Comic Book Stores.

From The View Askewniverse - news - Kevin Smith
"We shoot the pilot in December [07], after I finish this other, two-day acting gig on a feature. If Showtime digs the pilot, we go to series two months or so after that. With twelve eps a season, it means I'm out of the directing game (which should please some folks) for only about four months out of the year.

I don't know how Showtime will position the show (if they pick it up), but it'll be a nice addition to their schedule alongside "Weeds". It's frank, crude, honest and funny: kinda like the flicks I do, if all the characters had high-paying jobs. While it's based on the BBC show of the same name, from what I understand (never having seen the original), the Cullens kept the premise and title and re-built everything else. The original was compared to "Sex and the City", so it makes sense that Darren [Starr] is involved."
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:12 pm

i wont post the link.....cuz ,well ya know

BUT.......

theres a COC thread at the db and J just posted this....i thought i would share >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 896284 >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 896284

J wrote:
I talked to Woody yesterday. :tup:

I didn't grill him for an update but along the conversation I gathered that all the guys still talk a lot, they can do something at any time, and if they all lived in the same place like Crowbar or EYEHATEGOD does, they might have done a few local gigs by now. So, no immediate plans but don't ever count 'em out!
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:22 pm

jerkoff

YEEEEZZ!
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:32 pm

newmoon wrote:
jerkoff

YEEEEZZ!
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 10:09 pm

Whadda you think?

Last night I was pondering the cover of Deliverance and up in the left hand corner is what kinda looks like a upper balcony of a stadium. Here's the question: What do you think it says on the banner that's across the front of the balcony?

scratch
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 6:42 am

it says....annethinkstoomuch >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 Fresse
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:37 pm

13thAngel wrote:
it says....annethinkstoomuch >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 Fresse

Razz I doooooooooooo - it annoys me more than anyone else on the planet....

But really? no one has a guess?
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:12 pm

I accidently learned to play "Shake Like You" last night coc stoney

Easy as fuck Laughing watt1
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 4:10 pm

According to DOUBLE NEGATIVE/ex-SCARED STRAIGHT drummer Brian
Walsby
(via his official blog), the classic "Animosity"
lineup of CORROSION OF CONFORMITYMike Dean (bass,
vocals), Woody Weatherman (guitar) and Reed Mullin (drums)
— has reformed and is working on a new album. There are even some
summertime shows lined up for the West Coast already, although they have
not yet been officially announced.

Mike and Reed
were most recently members of RIGHTEOUS FOOL, which also
featured guitarist Jason Browning (from HR of BAD
BRAINS
' solo band). That group will apparently stay together and
will coexist with the newly reformed CORROSION OF CONFORMITY.

Video
footage of RIGHTEOUS FOOL performing the C.O.C. track "Hungry
Child"
on June 3, 2009 at The Pour House Music>>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 2_bing
Hall in Raleigh, North Carolina can be viewed below.

Mullin
co-founded CORROSION OF CONFORMITY in 1982 as a hardcore punk
act alongside guitarist Woody Weatherman and bassist Mike Dean
before leaving the band in 2001 amidst health concerns.

thanks to overme for the heads up on this one >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 Icon_cheers >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 Icon_cheers >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 Icon_cheers >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 4:30 pm

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce cheers bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce cheers bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 5:46 pm

I hope it's not gonna be "hardcore punk" that they play
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 5:49 pm

With Mike on vocals, whadda think is gonna be played?

I'm excited anywho - me likey da punk
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 6:30 pm

damn.

*sits back down and hopes for COC with PJK and no punk*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<< - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

>>>>>>>>>COC<<<<<<<<<<
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HUMAN SOUP :: Music-
Jump to: