HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Amon Amarth

Go down 
+3
OverMe
Haunz
iyloma
7 posters
AuthorMessage
iyloma

iyloma

Amon Amarth Empty
PostSubject: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:18 pm

Uhm... ok... probably I can't stand an entire cd... unless I'm blocked in the traffic and so the ideas of a brutal war and death in fire actually start making sense! Razz Laughing
BUT they're really fun to see live, and despite the bad audio they're good musicians!

Oh, and, of course, I was drunk myself! drunk *po poropopò po poropopò* Laughing
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

Amon Amarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:28 pm

now i wanna get drunk and listen to some amon amarth.

well, mainly i want to get drunk.

drunk
Back to top Go down
OverMe

OverMe

Amon Amarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 12:32 am

Killer live/studio band metal stoney jerkoff
Back to top Go down
firebaugh

firebaugh

Amon Amarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 11:31 pm

When Goatwhore toured the US with them they brought a shitload of homemade mead with them to drink. They said that it's all they drink.
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

Amon Amarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 12:12 am

so i just totally had to look that up.... figured it was some kind of alcohol metal

Quote :
is an alcoholic beverage made by fermenting fruit, but few have ever heard of mead, often referred to as "nectar of the gods," made from fermented honey.

Mead is almost certainly the oldest alcoholic beverage known to man and likely discovered before the wheel was invented. As long as there have been bees and honey there has been mead. Mead occurs naturally when honey is mixed with water and yeast. A chance occurrence of mead was likely produced during the Stone Age when honey became wet from rain and wild yeast in the air settled into the mixture.
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

Amon Amarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 2:41 am

13thAngel wrote:
so i just totally had to look that up.... figured it was some kind of alcohol metal

Quote :
is an alcoholic beverage made by fermenting fruit, but few have ever heard of mead, often referred to as "nectar of the gods," made from fermented honey.

Mead is almost certainly the oldest alcoholic beverage known to man and likely discovered before the wheel was invented. As long as there have been bees and honey there has been mead. Mead occurs naturally when honey is mixed with water and yeast. A chance occurrence of mead was likely produced during the Stone Age when honey became wet from rain and wild yeast in the air settled into the mixture.

drool
but how do we make it? can we do it with molasses?
*hears Watt saying "molasses" and giggles*
Back to top Go down
firebaugh

firebaugh

Amon Amarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 6:18 am

I've never made it before but I found this recipe. Mead has to be made with Honey so you'll have to do something else with the molasses.

Quote :
Halfdan's Viking Mead Recipe
Mead (Honey Wine) - 5 gallon recipe

8-10 lbs pure raw honey (for light, delicate Mead)
(or) 12-13 " " " " (for medium sweet Mead)
(or) 15-16 " " " " (for very sweet or alcoholic Mead)
4-5 gallons purified spring water (not distilled)
3 tsp. yeast nutrient (or 5 tablets)
1 tsp. acid blend (combination malic/citric acid)
5-7 oz. sliced fresh ginger root (1 finger's length)
1/4 tsp. fresh rosemary (optional, as desired)
5-6 whole cloves (optional, as desired)
1-2 vanilla beans (optional, as desired)
cinnamon/nutmeg (optional, as desired)
lime/orange peels (optional, as desired)
crushed fruit (peaches, strawberries, grapes, etc.)
1 tsp. Irish Moss (to clarify Mead)
1/2 tsp. clear gelatin (to clarify Mead)
1 spotted newt's tail (optional, as desired Smile
1 packet yeast (champagne or ale yeast)

Heat spring water 10-15 minutes till boiling. Stir in honey, yeast nutrients, acid blend, and spices (rosemary, ginger, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, lemon peel). Boil for another 10-15 minutes, (overcooking removes too much honey flavor), skimming off foam as needed (2 to 3 times during last 15 minutes). After 15 minutes, add Irish Moss or clear gelatin to clarify. After last skimming, turn off heat, add crushed fruit, and let steep 15-30 minutes while allowing mead to cool and clarify. After mead begins to clear, strain off fruit with hand skimmer and pour mead through strainer funnel into 5 gallon glass carboy jug.

Let cool to room temperature about 24 hours. After 24 hours, warm up 1 cup of mead in microwave, stir in 1 packet "Red Star" Champagne, Montrechet, or Epernet yeast (or Ale yeast in order to make mead ale), and let sit for 5-15 minutes to allow yeast to begin to work. Add this mead/yeast mixture to carboy jug and swirl around to aerate, thereby adding oxygen to mead/yeast mixture.

Place run-off tube in stopper of bottle, with other end of tube in large bowl or bottle to capture "blow-off" froth. Let mead sit undisturbed 7 days in cool, dark area. After initial violent fermenting slows down and mead begins to settle, rack off (siphon off) good mead into clean sterilized jug, leaving all sediment in bottom of first jug. Attach airlock to this secondary carboy. After 4-6 months, mead will clear. During this time, if more sediment forms on bottom, good mead can be racked off again to another clean sterilized jug.

When bottling, in order to add carbonation, add either 1/4 tsp. white table sugar per 12 oz bottle, or stir in 1/2 to 1 lb raw honey per 5 gallons mead (by first dissolving honey with a small amount of mead or pure water in microwave).

Enjoy! Skål!
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

Amon Amarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 6:22 am

Quote :
1 tsp. Irish Moss (to clarify Mead)
1 spotted newt's tail (optional, as desired

and i can get these at my local grocery store right Suspect What a Face rotfl
hopefully i could get sidders to ship me some moss or i am afraid i would be shit outta luck What a Face
Back to top Go down
iyloma

iyloma

Amon Amarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 6:01 pm

Oh, I like the turn this thread took! I really need to prepare mead! drunk
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

Amon Amarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 6:37 pm

scratch Need a 5 gallon or so pot (cauldron would be in order and a fire pit) and now where would I get a 5 gallon glass jug with stopper? Stopper/tube combo...bong supply? Some kind of internet chemists site?

Thanks for the how to- What a Face - at some point I am gonna try this - or when I develop the math skills to bust the recipe down to 1/4.

*copies, saves, starts cauldron shopping*
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

Amon Amarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 6:42 pm

sorry Luisa....we didnt mean to hijack ur thread afro

and newmoon.....send me some spotted newts tail when u find it okay cheers
Back to top Go down
iyloma

iyloma

Amon Amarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 7:21 pm

13thAngel wrote:
Oh, no! I was totally serious, I do want to try and prepare the mead myself! Thanks, Jules, for the recipe! metal
Back to top Go down
firebaugh

firebaugh

Amon Amarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 7:53 pm

newmoon wrote:
scratch Need a 5 gallon or so pot (cauldron would be in order and a fire pit) and now where would I get a 5 gallon glass jug with stopper? Stopper/tube combo...bong supply? Some kind of internet chemists site?

Thanks for the how to- What a Face - at some point I am gonna try this - or when I develop the math skills to bust the recipe down to 1/4.

You can get the glass jug from a home brew supply store or amazon.com. It's called a carboy and they're about $30-$35.
Back to top Go down
firebaugh

firebaugh

Amon Amarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 7:53 pm

iyloma wrote:
13thAngel wrote:
Oh, no! I was totally serious, I do want to try and prepare the mead myself! Thanks, Jules, for the recipe! metal

You're very welcome.
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

Amon Amarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:05 pm

firebaugh wrote:
newmoon wrote:

You can get the glass jug from a home brew supply store or amazon.com. It's called a carboy and they're about $30-$35.

cheers Lookit all the info flying out left and right on you!!! tanks!! dance
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

Amon Amarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:12 pm

mead's rather common here - i like it!

don't know shit about making it though Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

Amon Amarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:35 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Me n Craig have ALWAYS got some Mead in the house .... Mmmmmmmmmmmm ...

We bought LOADS when we was in New Zealand, coz the honey there is soooooo goooooood!!!!

I think we shall try makin' it ourselves now though cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Amon Amarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amon Amarth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HUMAN SOUP :: Music-
Jump to: