HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Songs that make absolutely no sense.

Go down 
+4
newmoon
Bogle the Dark Angel
firebaugh
StoneyMaroney
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bogle the Dark Angel
sat~ANN!!!!
Bogle the Dark Angel

Songs that make absolutely no sense. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs that make absolutely no sense.   Songs that make absolutely no sense. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:50 pm

^^^^ on the plus side ... most days when I arrive at work, and I'm unlocking my office as the computer guys walks by we both remark that today is "yet another bloody day in paradise" sunny
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Songs that make absolutely no sense.   Songs that make absolutely no sense. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 4:03 pm

lol Irony, something Phil Collins will never understand Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: Songs that make absolutely no sense.   Songs that make absolutely no sense. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:05 pm

StoneyMaroney wrote:
lol Irony, something Phil Collins will never understand Very Happy

I have a jam that I play that ABACAB is stolen from Laughing Imagine the ABACAB progression, tuned down played with an Octavia pedal cranked up Laughing

As a matter of fact, Im gonna start fuckin with that again lol!

I can find somethin cool to rip off outta ALMOST anything Laughing This one tune me & Big A's been riffin has a part stole from "Band On The Run" by Paul McCartney / Wings Embarassed clown Twisted Evil Laughing Razz

Da da da na NAAAAA NA NAAAAAAA Da nu Na Da nu NAHH (Hey, Jimmy Bower sounds out riffs too..dont laugh)

On another ghey note...Ive been playing the shit out of drums Embarassed
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Songs that make absolutely no sense.   Songs that make absolutely no sense. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:45 pm

My mans multi-talented.
Maybe you'll quit drumming on my ass now, huuuh? Yeah, naw, didn't think so.
.....it's one thing to use my arm to riff on in your sleep - if you start playing using me as a kit in your sleep it's gonna be war - there sleep action man.
Sleep
( I predict Watt will one day accidentally kill me in his sleep...just in case... you heard it here first. Yup, he really was asleep if he does Shocked )
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: Songs that make absolutely no sense.   Songs that make absolutely no sense. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:52 pm

The whole Hank III thing. Im sorry. I gave it a chance, but that shit's awful Laughing That fake twang and contrived nasal voice. I dont get it at ALL lol! lol! lol! I guess someone who digs country may get it, but it was one of the worst listening experiences EVER Laughing
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Songs that make absolutely no sense.   Songs that make absolutely no sense. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:58 pm

So WTF is " auld lang syne"
I get the stupid song, but, really? I've gathered that that phrase is = to "once upon a time" but is it old english or something or is that translation not right? I dunno Stupid song pisses me off and I was reminded of this at 5am when I was watching the documentary of the last voyage of the QE2 - plus I think my slight hearing damage prevents me from understanding the damn lyrics that are always sung in a group - and what everyone only sing the first verse and chorus and repeat? Why does it seem everyone knows these words and can just belt it out when ever they need?

shrug I dunno - the song just pisses me off.

Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind ?
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and old lang syne ?

CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

And surely you’ll buy your pint cup !
and surely I’ll buy mine !
And we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

CHORUS

We two have run about the slopes,
and picked the daisies fine ;
But we’ve wandered many a weary foot,
since auld lang syne.

CHORUS

We two have paddled in the stream,
from morning sun till dine† ;
But seas between us broad have roared
since auld lang syne.

CHORUS

And there’s a hand my trusty friend !
And give us a hand o’ thine !
And we’ll take a right good-will draught,
for auld lang syne.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs that make absolutely no sense.   Songs that make absolutely no sense. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Songs that make absolutely no sense.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2