HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The American Civil War...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
elektriklady

The American Civil War... Empty
PostSubject: The American Civil War...   The American Civil War... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 8:21 pm

I'm not putting this in the politics section because it's not meant to be a debate or any one view point....I just took a class to renew my teacher's license and it was Civil War and Reconstruction. It was an awesome study! Now I'm a full blown novice on the topic. I was just wondering what everyone's take on it is. In my study, I was pretty glued to the military manuevers, etc. We also studied the political climate, etc...the issues of the time and it was very interesting to me that the Republicans were considered the liberals back then and the Democrats were the conservatives. Yet I studied battle strategy and military plans mostly. It was considered the first "modern" war....largely due to the implementation of rifled weaponry.

Any discussion might be fun if there are any civil war buffs here. I found a civil war message board, but I can't remember my password...lol....
Back to top Go down

The American Civil War...
Page 1 of 1