HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NY, CT, RI, MA

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
QOTR

QOTR

NY, CT, RI, MA Empty
PostSubject: NY, CT, RI, MA   NY, CT, RI, MA I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 2:53 am

we're trying to sort out our June travel plans back East. We're spending 5 days in NYC and have another 5 to play with. First thought was to go up to the Adirondacks, but now we're floating the idea of a 4 state road trip from NYC through CT & RI to Boston and back to NYC to fly home.

Anyone have any "must-see" suggestions for CT & RI ? Providence looks nice, but nothing is jumping out at me in CT (in my 10 whole minutes of research). Maybe we could jump up and take a peak at NH before heading back to the city?

Educate me!
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

NY, CT, RI, MA Empty
PostSubject: Re: NY, CT, RI, MA   NY, CT, RI, MA I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 5:38 pm

While in RI get some Clam Cakes - Fried dough balls will wee tiny minced clams. Screw down to BOSTON - and hit the meusems. Go to Vermont chees and syrup - but I think Boston to Maine is a short trip - pretty up the cost.

OH! Go to the Breakers in New Port, Rode Island. Beautiful mansions - the great Gatsby was filmed there.

NY, CT, RI, MA Breakers

NY, CT, RI, MA 091209-POD-Maaia

Hit the Catskills on your way over - New Pultz, NY Mohonk, Mountain house - hit the trails and enjoy the bluffs. Pay 300 some odd buck to stay the night anb eat the best food (included) haha.

NY, CT, RI, MA 134ff9f1bdfedd7a08adbac49ebb39e617b6c0c3

Maryland Crabs, Maine lobster ... what kind of entertainment are you looking for? You'll be sorry you asked! tongue
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

NY, CT, RI, MA Empty
PostSubject: Re: NY, CT, RI, MA   NY, CT, RI, MA I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 5:44 pm

I already love this thread! I probably can't contribute anything to it but I really enjoy learning stuff about different places cheers
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

NY, CT, RI, MA Empty
PostSubject: Re: NY, CT, RI, MA   NY, CT, RI, MA I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 2:36 am

whatver you decide I am sure you will have fun!!

Damn kids!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

NY, CT, RI, MA Empty
PostSubject: Re: NY, CT, RI, MA   NY, CT, RI, MA I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 2:57 am

oh, yes. Newport would be fun! This will be my first trip to Boston, so I don't want to cut our time too short there, so it may be the farthest north we venture this trip. I do love Vermont though. We visited there a few years ago and now every time I have a bad day, I daydream about running away to Vermont.

So far, we're thinking:

Drive the coastline from NYC thru CT, probably stopping in Mystic and Old Saybrook to check out the seaport areas & little downtowns. On to Newport, RI to see how the swanky folk live. Explore Providence, RI for a day or two, finishing up with a few days in Boston.

*Man, that Mohonk Mtn House is stunning!
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

NY, CT, RI, MA Empty
PostSubject: Re: NY, CT, RI, MA   NY, CT, RI, MA I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 6:14 pm

Boston is great - I would suggest ditching the car and subway around town. The streets are tiny, tiny and would take you an hour to drvie a few blocks.
Hit Copley (Market) Square AKA: Faneuil Hall
NY, CT, RI, MA 20090612CopleyMarket

NY, CT, RI, MA P246714-Boston_MA-Copley_Square

If your facing the courtyard of the square turn left walk across street and hit the Irish Pub (The Purple Shamrock) eat lobster drink Guniess(sp!) and leave and go round the block to explore the little Italy side - get a real Cannoli

wee italy
NY, CT, RI, MA Boston_+MA+North+End+Cobblestone+Streets+public+square

Rowdy ect before 5pm pub
NY, CT, RI, MA 1206387315_3509

Photo op. The exterior of the Cheers bar is at the square (that they used on the show) - go down and in and the inside is nothing like the TV show.

Some internet person wrote:
Quote :
For a pub crawl, I would absolutely go with the Faneuil area. The Black Rose on State is a good place to get started (they have typical Irish food too... not bad) and Mcfadden's across the street is cool too. Ned Divine's is nice as well. Bell-in-Hand always has a decent crowd and as do most of the bars over on the Blackstone Block (all this stuff is within easy walking distance). The best way to do this area is to just walk around and pick what looks best. Most of these bars are right next to each other so it's never a problem finding a place. Ned Divine's (actually IN Faneuil Hall) is wonderful and absolutely my favorite. The Purple Shamrock gets crowded and sometimes sloppy, so look inside before you head in.

For dinner, I'd see if you can get a late reservation over at Terramia in the North End. It's totally Boston Italian and absolutely wonderful (reasonably priced, excellent food). It's a small restaurant (maybe 13 tables or so) but a bottle of wine and some authentic Italian is the way to start a good evening. You can make reservations online and it's a 10 minute (easy) walk from the Faneuil Hall area. She'll enjoy the North End too... most European feeling neighborhood in the U.S.

Yeah, I'd absolutley check out Faneuil Hall. My second suggestion would be over near Fenway Park along Lansdowne Street. The bars there are cool, and not so rowdy. They have a little more dancing. If you want upscale clubs, the Theatre District is the place to go, but that's probably best for another night. For pub crawls, it's gotta be Faneuil Hall.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/boston/732714-need-kick-night-boston-what-do-2.html#ixzz1MA8DZHBw

You may want to venture to Salem - The Salem Witch Muesum is pretty cool.

....this is taking my mind off my snake infested wreck of a house - thank you... Next up the best beaches in RI.

Hope should be kickin in the Maine stuff
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

NY, CT, RI, MA Empty
PostSubject: Re: NY, CT, RI, MA   NY, CT, RI, MA I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 5:12 pm

well im not in maine so theres really nothing worth driving that far north east for geek

and maine, nh, vermont, ct....they all look and feel pretty much exactly the same Laughing
we were always poor and never had a car so we never left state unless it was a field trip for school or something. so im not really even well educated about what was my surroundings.

except for salem mass......i LOVE that place and highly recommend going if possible. theres just something about that place cheers
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

NY, CT, RI, MA Empty
PostSubject: Re: NY, CT, RI, MA   NY, CT, RI, MA I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:46 pm

Laughing Yes yes - the Salem Witch Museum

http://www.salemwitchmuseum.com

NY, CT, RI, MA Swm_front

NY, CT, RI, MA Home1_r8_c8

That town is cool looking too...

My mom advises (for Rode Island - because I can't bemember shit nd asked her the names):

The good beach with all the action is Atlantic Beach. It's in heart of Newport as I remember. http://www.atlanticbeachpark.com/

The one A. Jo *this is my Aunt* goes to is Third Beach. Third Beach is not an oceanfront beach; it faces Narragansett Bay. Small and quiet, this beach is popular with families. The surf is calm, making it easy to play in the water.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NY, CT, RI, MA Empty
PostSubject: Re: NY, CT, RI, MA   NY, CT, RI, MA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NY, CT, RI, MA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HUMAN SOUP :: THE INGREDIENTS :: General-
Jump to: