HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Down - Diary of a Mad Band

Go down 
+6
Berzerker
StoneyMaroney
wattage
Doctor Acula
Dakota
Haunz
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Haunz

Haunz

Down - Diary of a Mad Band Empty
PostSubject: Down - Diary of a Mad Band   Down - Diary of a Mad Band I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:13 pm

You guys probably all know this for quite some time but I just recently found out that Down will bring out that CD/DVD package.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to it. I think the time for a live DVD is perfect and I dig the artwork (unlike Over the Under which I thought was quite amateur-esque in terms of artwork).

Down - Diary of a Mad Band Down

Down - Diary of a Mad Band Down-diary-of-a-mad-band1

http://down.hasawebstore.com/
Back to top Go down
Dakota

Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Down - Diary of a Mad Band   Down - Diary of a Mad Band I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 10:46 pm

yeh-huh!! Been waitin' for this! May just order it speshul off their web site and get the extra stuff that comes with it.
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Down - Diary of a Mad Band   Down - Diary of a Mad Band I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 8:55 am

which version are you gonna buy?
Back to top Go down
Dakota

Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Down - Diary of a Mad Band   Down - Diary of a Mad Band I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 12:27 pm

I don't know! Smile Not sure I really need the flag (tho it'd be cool)..but it would just take up space. Decisions decisions! Smile
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: Down - Diary of a Mad Band   Down - Diary of a Mad Band I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 2:18 pm

Yeah, I thought about getting the shirt but I don't really like the design, besides I don't know how much it's gonna cost for us European folks (shipping etc.) shrug
Back to top Go down
Doctor Acula

Doctor Acula

PostSubject: Re: Down - Diary of a Mad Band   Down - Diary of a Mad Band I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 5:41 am

well i ordered the vinyl and the cd/dvd from amazon, so nothing special for me. i just wanted the vinyl and the dvd. looking forward to both!
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: Down - Diary of a Mad Band   Down - Diary of a Mad Band I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:12 pm

bought just the regular one lat night @ FYE. Best Buy didnt have it.

I liked it. It's on time down
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: Down - Diary of a Mad Band   Down - Diary of a Mad Band I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 3:40 pm

listened to disc 1 of the audio last night. It was cool, but I think it coulda been tweaked on just a hair. Basically sounds like a really good "bootleg", if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Down - Diary of a Mad Band   Down - Diary of a Mad Band I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:13 pm

I bought it right away when it came out, one day before our first gig, as an inspiration.
I have to say they played MUCH tighter the next tour, and Phil's voice was also in a better shape.
Had they made a DVD out of the last tour of Europe, it would have owned ALL metal
But it's still great.

BTW why is the video footage to every song a mix of different gigs???
The sound stays the same (of course), which means that half of the time we don't see the actual video footage (like on ye ölde down vids).
In some places, it's not synchronized too well either, so that it looks like bad playback, but only occasionally and for a few seconds...

The backstage footage is funny but can't hold a candle to two seconds of the Pantera homevids (Kirk! where's that nice Hulk costume? Razz )
Half of the time we spent waiting for our own gig I spen t lying backstage on a sofa imitating Phil's stoned rants Laughing
(classic: The part about Norvegian Black Metallers running through the woods, makign love to Zeus and cultivating Marijuhana. WTF lol)

All in all, it's a fucking Down DVD, it's from a tour I have attended, I've been waiting for this a long time and it's very inspiring.
Still, it could have been a lot better.
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: Down - Diary of a Mad Band   Down - Diary of a Mad Band I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:18 pm

I think I will pass... : lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Down - Diary of a Mad Band   Down - Diary of a Mad Band I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 5:11 pm

eye'll see it a Watts....

Down - Diary of a Mad Band Geico01

Pepper and Phil say "it was so easy you're lucky you got anything this year"

*dances & sings: Am I evil? Yes I am!*
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Down - Diary of a Mad Band   Down - Diary of a Mad Band I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 6:58 pm

Watched it again last night. It's better the 2nd time around. Alot of folks whinning about it. I like it. down
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Down - Diary of a Mad Band   Down - Diary of a Mad Band I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:47 pm

i will see it....someday....IF my fucking copy ever gets here.
and i got FUCKED on the bundle deal too Down - Diary of a Mad Band 373921

my copy better be fucking signed......or im sending it back.
cuz i want 2 .....completely autographed Down - Diary of a Mad Band 568442
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Down - Diary of a Mad Band   Down - Diary of a Mad Band I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:06 am

13thAngel wrote:
i will see it....someday....IF my fucking copy ever gets here.
and i got FUCKED on the bundle deal too Down - Diary of a Mad Band 373921

my copy better be fucking signed......or im sending it back.
cuz i want 2 .....completely autographed Down - Diary of a Mad Band 568442

Next tour, Im taking the front panel off my main Marshall and gonna try like hell to get it signed. Even if I gotta mail it to someone who gets a VIP and pay em to. Laughing
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Down - Diary of a Mad Band   Down - Diary of a Mad Band I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 5:09 pm

KIRK wrote:
YOU'VE GOT UPSIDE DOWN OLD LADY TITS. AT LEAST THERES MUSCLE UNDER MINE!...THEYSTILLAREBUTNOWTHEYREJUSTCOVEREDINFAT!!!!

Pepper wrote:
ENGLISH shrooms...

I wanna get the bit with Kirk on the toilet & make it into a gif & use it for an AV Down - Diary of a Mad Band 989565 Down - Diary of a Mad Band 989565 rotfl
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: Down - Diary of a Mad Band   Down - Diary of a Mad Band I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:44 am

Berzerker wrote:
I think I will pass... : lol! lol!

i really fucking enjoyed it!!!!
didnt feel a single penny was wasted.
very funny. sounded great. made me feel like i was watching DOWN ....live. was on my feet and everything cheers

i dont expect a lot. i have some great bootlegs and some shittttty ....so as long as it fit in there somewhere i knew i would not be let down. it made me fucken ready to see DOWN......like tomorrow would be nice cheers
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: Down - Diary of a Mad Band   Down - Diary of a Mad Band I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:36 pm

Im gonna get it for myself for Xmas.
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: Down - Diary of a Mad Band   Down - Diary of a Mad Band I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:37 pm

Berzerker wrote:

ditto. Along with the Clutch DVD set
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Down - Diary of a Mad Band   Down - Diary of a Mad Band I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 9:01 pm

QOTR wrote:
Berzerker wrote:

ditto. Along with the Clutch DVD set

Surprised
Back to top Go down
elektriklady

PostSubject: Re: Down - Diary of a Mad Band   Down - Diary of a Mad Band I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 5:45 am

you can't go wrong with Clutch for Christmas...I might have to do that for myself...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Down - Diary of a Mad Band   Down - Diary of a Mad Band I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Down - Diary of a Mad Band
Page 1 of 1