HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Sword

Go down 
AuthorMessage
QOTR

QOTR

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: The Sword   The Sword I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:31 pm

The Sword unveil new song “Tres Brujas”

“Warp Riders,” the third full-length album from the Austin alternative metal quartet — playing the Austin City Limits Music Festival in October — drops August 24, and to drum up interest in the “space opera meets post-apocalyptic western” concept album the band has released the first single from the record, “Tres Brujas.”
Translating to “Three Witches,” the track boasts a more mass market-friendly hard rock style than the Sword’s previous work — evoking the straightforward guitar-driven charm of Queens of the Stone Age. But while the sound may be a bit of a departure, the lyrics are still vintage Sword — front man JD Cronise is, after all, singing about confronting witches while under the influence of drugs.

The song is embedded in the article. I couldn't figure out how to link directly to it.

I dig The Sword's sound, but the vocals keep me from truly loving this band. I guess it is an effect or something that he uses? That makes all the vox sound mechanized?

Back to top Go down

The Sword
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HUMAN SOUP :: Music-
Jump to: