HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June

Go down 
+5
StoneyMaroney
angry nate
Haunz
the B
13thAngel
9 posters
AuthorMessage
13thAngel

13thAngel

New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June Empty
PostSubject: New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June   New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:28 pm

Columbia/Legacy are preparing a new Corrosion Of
Conformity
greatest hits release in their “Playlist” series of
compilations. Dubbed “Playlist: The Very Best Of Corrosion Of
Conformity
“, the outing is set for a June 01st release date and will
sport the following remastered collection of songs from the band:
01 – “Heaven’s Not Overflowing
02 – “Vote With A Bullet
03 – “Drowning In A Daydream
04 – “Albatross
05 – “Clean My Wounds
06 – “The Land Of Free Disease
07 – “Buried
08 – “King Of The Rotten
09 – “Big Problems
10 – “Fuel (Jam-Box Tape)
11 – “Long Whip/ Big America
12 – “Wishbone (Some Tomorrow)
13 – “The Door
14 – “My Grain

New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June Icon_scratch hmmmmmmm..........i guess its better than nuttinthought there would be more songs New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June Suspect
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June   New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:42 pm

would be nice to throw in a new tune
Back to top Go down
Haunz

Haunz

PostSubject: Re: New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June   New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 5:28 am

Are you guys actually gonna buy this?

Although I'm currious about the remastering I already bought the CD's were those songs are on.

I don't know, kinda smells like rip-off for me shrug
Back to top Go down
angry nate

PostSubject: Re: New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June   New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:04 am

And WTF happened to the CoC hardcore era ??? Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June   New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 am

I'm not buying it...I have all those songs
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June   New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:46 am

the B wrote:
I'm not buying it...I have all those songs
+1

Also, best-ofs are what happens when a band is done. I hope they are not done.
Back to top Go down
QOTR

QOTR

PostSubject: Re: New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June   New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 1:10 pm

Will the band see any money from it?
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June   New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 6:17 pm

QOTR wrote:

I'm pretty sure they will.
Back to top Go down
13thAngel

13thAngel

PostSubject: Re: New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June   New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 6:49 pm

i can't really see us buying this either......if there was SOMETHING extra then yea....but i'd rather spend my money buying a tee shirt or something to put the $ in their pockets than buying something that i already pretty much have New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June   New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 7:47 pm

Fucking guys need to get back and make a record/
Back to top Go down
angry nate

PostSubject: Re: New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June   New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 9:41 am

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Mad Mad
WTF ever happened to this ??? :
COC is currently talking with Metal Blade Records about a re-release of the band's hardcore-era recordings: Eye for an Eye, Animosity, Technocracy and Six Songs With Mike Singing.

Preliminary plans are for a package with two CDs (including previously unreleased tracks); a DVD with interviews and concert footage; and a booklet with more interviews, stories, art, and photographs.

The band already has some awesome archival material from its own and friends' collections. But to make this package as kick-ass as possible, COC needs the help of hardcore fans everywhere.

Do you have hardcore-era COC stuff you can share with the band?

COC is interested in just about anything and everything from the 1980s: live recordings or videos, concert posters, photos, zines, artwork, etc. It's also looking for photographs of fans' spiked-skull tattoos for a related art project.

If you have something you'd like to share, please e-mail cocarchive@gmail.com with details, and we'll figure out how to proceed from there.

Please help us spread the word! Thank you!

scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
the B

the B

PostSubject: Re: New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June   New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 1:22 pm

I don't know...maybe they are still working on it....I would love to see that out soon
Back to top Go down
iyloma

iyloma

PostSubject: Re: New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June   New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 5:54 pm

QOTR wrote:
Well, since they own the creativity property of their own songs, I bet a certain percentage of the money goes to them.

But as far as it concerns the editor plans on this compilation, I'll quote the answer of a more authoritative source than me to the question whether COC get any say on this
Quote :
COC certainly doesn't have the power to tell Sony it thinks some of its best work came out on, say, Sanctuary. ; )

All in all, this compilation is in the same line of Extended Versions... shrug

And Nate, as for the HC era re-releases, they're still haunting. There's something on Brian Walsby's blog...
Quote :
The cd contents are all there, except for COC. Despite some very generous contributions I am still not sure we found what we are looking for. And to be honest, if we can’t find anything, we probably won’t do the CD with the book since it seems silly to not have COC on it, since they are the centerpiece of the book. So against his better judgement, Mike Dean has agreed to listen to some of what I have for hopefully a different perspective. And also, here is some parallel news:

Mike himself is also looking for any decent sounding COC recordings for a re-issue of their classic ANIMOSITY record. It seems that there are a couple of people at that label that really want a re-issue to happen, but packed with extra goodies and things like that. You should know that there are really no out-takes for the band during that time period but if anyone has any old archived recordings of the band during that time, Mike would be interested to hear it. I will provide a e-mail address for Mike once he creates one, but if anyone out there wants to get in touch with him, you can get in touch with me and I will forward it to him.

Personally it is an honor to help out in any way that I can. ANIMOSITY deserves a proper re-issue. So if anyone wants to help out, that would be great. I will post Mike’s new e-mail address when he gets it to me. So there.
Here the whole post:
http://introvertedloudmouth.blogspot.com/2010/03/coming-up.html
Back to top Go down
angry nate

PostSubject: Re: New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June   New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 11:53 am

iyloma wrote:
QOTR wrote:
Well, since they own the creativity property of their own songs, I bet a certain percentage of the money goes to them.

But as far as it concerns the editor plans on this compilation, I'll quote the answer of a more authoritative source than me to the question whether COC get any say on this
Quote :
COC certainly doesn't have the power to tell Sony it thinks some of its best work came out on, say, Sanctuary. ; )

All in all, this compilation is in the same line of Extended Versions... shrug

And Nate, as for the HC era re-releases, they're still haunting. There's something on Brian Walsby's blog...
Quote :
The cd contents are all there, except for COC. Despite some very generous contributions I am still not sure we found what we are looking for. And to be honest, if we can’t find anything, we probably won’t do the CD with the book since it seems silly to not have COC on it, since they are the centerpiece of the book. So against his better judgement, Mike Dean has agreed to listen to some of what I have for hopefully a different perspective. And also, here is some parallel news:

Mike himself is also looking for any decent sounding COC recordings for a re-issue of their classic ANIMOSITY record. It seems that there are a couple of people at that label that really want a re-issue to happen, but packed with extra goodies and things like that. You should know that there are really no out-takes for the band during that time period but if anyone has any old archived recordings of the band during that time, Mike would be interested to hear it. I will provide a e-mail address for Mike once he creates one, but if anyone out there wants to get in touch with him, you can get in touch with me and I will forward it to him.

Personally it is an honor to help out in any way that I can. ANIMOSITY deserves a proper re-issue. So if anyone wants to help out, that would be great. I will post Mike’s new e-mail address when he gets it to me. So there.
Here the whole post:
http://introvertedloudmouth.blogspot.com/2010/03/coming-up.html
Thanx Iyloma bounce Razz
Back to top Go down
Doctor Acula

Doctor Acula

PostSubject: Re: New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June   New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 1:19 am

still say this was a great buy for 5 bucks. the remastering sounds great. a couple of the songs i only had on vinyl, (or mp3) and the remastering sounds great.

of course its not complete or anything. its a label specific (columbia) retrospective meant for truck stops and walmarts. which i have no problem with COC being an option at either of those places.

i bought it, well worth the money, and yeah, it does show columbia (and any other label watching) that there is an interest out there for COC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June   New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Corrosion Of Conformity Greatest Hits Compilation Due In June
Page 1 of 1