HUMAN SOUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gear, gear and more gear

Go down 
+2
wattage
newmoon
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
newmoon

newmoon

Gear, gear and more gear Empty
PostSubject: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 11:49 pm

Watt said:
Quote :
Blah,blah strings, diodes and tubes. Blah blah Marshall, blah blah abused the fuck outta blah blah.

Stoney said:
Quote :
Yeah...blah, blah Spiral Architect blah blah my drummer blah blah

The B Said:
Quote :
I won't join in your extreme nerdness but I'll show ya some pics of my git-fiddles

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know I kid...I really am musically ignorant and do read these nerdish post with interest and try to learn new stuff... So here's a thread, lets see some pics, hear some shop talk and rant and rave of all that is rock n roll - excuse me Rock N Doom rabbit
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 7:56 pm

Im pissed.

took my fave halfstack, a guit, and a few pedals to the house last night.

My cab isnt sitting down on wood anymore. Its on carpet now, and my rig sounds LIFELESS Crying or Very sad no resonance.

eyeguess this is what eyeget for making fun of 80's douchebags all the time.

resonancepwned Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 8:18 pm

Go pick up a big slab of marble to set it on (of whatever) or play in the kitchen. clown
Back to top Go down
firebaugh

firebaugh

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 9:53 pm

Or get a 4x4 sheet of plywood to put under it. Maybe that'll help?
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

Location : Shufflin' thru the P-town Blue grass. But my Head's in Statesville NC

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 9:58 pm

I have a small pallet I need to finish when I get freed up. Making it into a box that will enhance that effect. Some studios have em. I hope mein works. My personal sound relys on a big heavy bottom.
Back to top Go down
firebaugh

firebaugh

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:01 pm

I don't play guitar but a lot of my life revolves around a nice thick bottom. cheers
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:07 pm

firebaugh wrote:
I don't play guitar but a lot of my life revolves around a nice thick bottom. cheers

Twisted Evil stoney
Back to top Go down
\swampman/
ThE oNlY sWaMp In ThE DeSeRt
\swampman/

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 5:30 am

firebaugh wrote:

Fuckin' soup can! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://humansoup.rpg-board.net
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 9:53 pm

*at some point in the future Moon learns 3 power chords and makes Watts English Ladies scream them out while he's at work, threatening if they tell I will kill their master*

Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:15 pm

flip the power switch. let sit for a few minutes.

plug in pedals

flip the standby switch

turn volume knobs to taste

make noise

If you try to play ghey stuff, they'll pop the mains fuses. Daddy has them trained not to speak profanitys
such as pop, punk, 80's hair bands, cookie monster metal, country, or corporate radio music Laughing
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:22 pm

Gear, gear and more gear Icon_cool Just being a punk my love.

The moon won't be fuckin with any of that, wanted you to fear for your children a little Gear, gear and more gear Icon_lol get your mind right......
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:26 pm

Only Daddy knows how to properly punish his English Lovleys watt1

presence-DIMED
bass-DIMED
mids-2 oclock
treble-3 oclock
volume 1 - DIMED
volume II - 2 oclock

Master - at least 12 oclock..

in other words..LOUD MOTHER FUCKERS watt1 watt1 stoney metal Twisted Evil drunken
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:11 am

Now I wanna build one myself (one that sounds better):

BONG GUITAR
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 8:51 pm

I fried 2 powertubes once and it made a similar noise to a bong, if that counts. White and blue smoke everywhere to boot Laughing
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:36 pm

Laughing

Oh, talking of tubes, I got a question that you can surely answer.
I blew one of the preamp tubes ( 12AX7 ) in my Engl Ritchie Blackmore, and it occured to me I never had to change one before.
If I get it right, preamp tubes don't need any fumbling with the bias, do they?
I ordered four from JJ tubes.

CAn I just replace one?
Or should I replace all at the same time?
And can I damage anything doing so?
Cos I don't think I'll go to a shop for this if I can do it by myself.

You are the expert, so share your wisdom please Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:07 pm

StoneyMaroney wrote:
Laughing

I blew one of the preamp tubes ( 12AX7 ) in my Engl Ritchie Blackmore, and it occured to me I never had to change one before.

CAn I just replace one?

Pre amp tubes are self biasing. Just pop a new one in and ur ready (Id change the others while I was at it)

If you hadnt already ordered tubes, Id tell ya to get some tung -sol re-issue 12ax7's. Best (current made anyways) pre's Ive EVER used. Fat sounding and lotsa gain. Not harsh at all, and a bit "sparkly" on the top end (Where a JJ's is usually "dark" sounding up top). They are about the same price as JJ's . (Though I prefer JJ's power amp tubes. JJ's KT-88's are the shizznittobang.
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:13 pm

How to make a stutter box Cool

100 WATT wrote:
Ever switch back & forth between pickups, or switch yer shit on & off real fast for a fucked up sound effect?

I found a diagram how to build an adjustable stutter box. Gonna throw one together if I can find an enclosure to put it in :!:

Gear, gear and more gear Guitar_Stutter_Switch_Adjustable

:!: Mad :!:

Im wondering if I can incorperate this into a distortion / overdrive pedal to get some of the "Monterey" effect (Listen to Jimi at monterey. That cut up / ragged/ jagged tone he was getting. The effect got stronger and more pronounced through the set. Its REALLY noticeable when he's letting chords ring out when he plays "Wild thing". Sounds kinda like a locomotive going by slow. Kinda of a "vibrating" like thing.

If I can adjust the stutter just right, it may be the key. Especially if I could work the design into a germanium Fuzz pedal watt stoney Maybe have a bias pot, so I can make the effect a bit transparent.

Teh Mad Scientist's work is neva done..... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
StoneyMaroney

StoneyMaroney

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:26 pm

wattage wrote:
StoneyMaroney wrote:
Laughing

CAn I just replace one?

Pre amp tubes are self biasing. Just pop a new one in and ur ready (Id change the others while I was at it)

If you hadnt already ordered tubes, Id tell ya to get some tung -sol re-issue 12ax7's. Best (current made anyways) pre's Ive EVER used. Fat sounding and lotsa gain. Not harsh at all, and a bit "sparkly" on the top end (Where a JJ's is usually "dark" sounding up top). They are about the same price as JJ's . (Though I prefer JJ's power amp tubes. JJ's KT-88's are the shizznittobang.

Damn, shoulda asked you before I ordered.
For next time:
Um, they got the Tung sol reissues in three versions.
Two are a little more costy: one is balanced and one is "V1"
I have no idea what all that means. Which one is the best?
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:35 pm

Beats me. I just always get the regular tung sol reissues. Usually the ones they claim are "more balanced" or special sound no different than the norm.

"V-1" ? maybe its one specially made for v-1 (your first pre amp tube) . It may be a bit hotter perhaps study shrug
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:01 pm

zakkrocks from the DB is sending me a pedal to mod. Maybe some more folks will follow. Maybe this modding thing may take off better than I thought. How hard is it and would it be expensive to start a small website with sound clips of my works?

When I get the $$$ to throw around I want to build a couple pedals and send to Pep and Kirk to try out. If they like em, maybe that could pick me up some business from other touring guys bounce
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:18 pm

You're destined for bigger and better things then you're doing! What a Face
(meaning that would be cool and youd have a job you loved)
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:41 pm

I wont lie. I'd have more fun touring as a guitar tech than I would playing in front of thousands of people.
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:47 pm

Cool

I like how you're ALWAYS dancing around...EXCEPT when you play
Back to top Go down
wattage

wattage

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:50 pm

Tony Iommi and David Gilmour dont have to move around either Cool
Back to top Go down
newmoon

newmoon

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:52 pm

But did they constantly dance around otherwise? It's just ironic and cracks me up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gear, gear and more gear   Gear, gear and more gear I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gear, gear and more gear
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HUMAN SOUP :: Music-
Jump to: